Help - Where to get photo's for my website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone with their own website can help?
I would like to use pictures of things like the "babtac" symbol & some of my product names i.e. LCN but where do I get the pictures from?

Do any of you jst go onto their wevsite, copy & paste onto your own, or do we have to worry about copyright etc?

If any one knows, I'm all ears.

Thanks

Carly x

If you are a member of a professional body talk to them - they will probably be able to supply them. If you are a trained therapist in a particular system again talk to them, they will probably provide images as part of the marketing support.

If you want generic photos have a look at a site like Stock Photography: Search Royalty Free Images & Photos | iStockphoto.com as they are a huge number of images at very reasonable prices ... a few pounds at most.

just go on the website hun and take them if they are copyright it wont let you! x

Carly - if you're a member I can send you a/w for logos - just drop me a line [email protected].

Kirsty Lou - Shame on you, copyright is copyright whether you heist it off a website or not! :smack:

Regards

PHILIP SWINFORD
Marketing Services Manager
BABTAC

just go on the website hun and take them if they are copyright it wont let you! x

this is untrue, you can right click on almost any picture and nick it, it doesn't mean you are allowed to use it

I am confused now!!!! Last thing I want is to use pictures & photo's and not be allowed to. Think a few other people have mentioned this also, can get in serious trouble for copyright....

Can anyone tell me where they get their pictures from...... Not nail art photo's that you take yorself but logos and visa card pictures to show you take card payment etc.

Any tips would be very much appreciated

Carly x

Hi Carly

Not sure about the Visa logo, maybe contact them? But for the others, contact your nail supplier and they will email you a copy over to use, as will Babtac.

Hope this helps

I buy mine from iStock. Not only is it illegal to use copyright pics but it's not right to nick other people's from their site when they've paid for them.

If you want to give a good impression, you need good pics.

Carly - if you're a member I can send you a/w for logos - just drop me a line [email protected].

Kirsty Lou - Shame on you, copyright is copyright whether you heist it off a website or not! :smack:

Regards

PHILIP SWINFORD
Marketing Services Manager
BABTAC
Hey Philip......I just agreed with you in a reply but then I realised that we're all guilty of it. I'm sure that your avatar has a copyright on it. Mine is ok as Johnny Depp is my boyfriend. :lol:

Hi Kim

Yes, my avatar does have a copyright on it - mine!

It's a shot of Derek, a Genesis Dalek from 1977; he's an attention-getter at our exhibitions this year, as he's 30 years old too (we were formed in 1977)!

At the time the photo was taken, I was inside... It weighs about 300 pounds, is made from 1" thick wood and steel, and trundling around an exhibition stand shouting 'Exfoliate!' is a great way to lose weight, believe me!

Hi Kim

Yes, my avatar does have a copyright on it - mine!

It's a shot of Derek, a Genesis Dalek from 1977; he's an attention-getter at our exhibitions this year, as he's 30 years old too (we were formed in 1977)!

At the time the photo was taken, I was inside... It weighs about 300 pounds, is made from 1" thick wood and steel, and trundling around an exhibition stand shouting 'Exfoliate!' is a great way to lose weight, believe me!
Wow.........You know there's something about a guy wearing wood and steel that just does it for me. :lol:

Oh dear.... Look what I've started now!!

Great costume though!!!:)

Wow.........You know there's something about a guy wearing wood and steel that just does it for me. :lol:

Think I'll have to come up with a marketing rationale to use Darth Vader on the stand next year.

Just think - leather, PVC, a shiny helmet, boots and a cape!

No wonder he's a deep breather...:wink2:

Speak to Minkus on this ... she will give you a real eye opener I am sure! :eek:

Latest posts

Back