Help - Which nail systems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi nail geeks! I have been doing Shellac for around 5 years and Bio Sculpture for around 3. I have decided to phase Bio out for a variety of reasons i won't get into but mainly as it is so expensive to keep going with colours in stock when i don't have that many loyal clients to justify it.

The problem with offering only Shellac is that I don't find their colour choices that extensive. I know you can do a lot of with additives etc but I am not a Nail Tech, I am a Beauty Therapist who does nails. I like to keep it simple, I don't do a lot of nail art - my clients are not the type that like nail art or anything like that. I service a lot of corporate working ladies and mature aged clients. I was thinking about switching to Gelish but have just researched it for the past hour and have heard some bad reviews re colour density/removal. Does anyone have any recommendations of a gel polish with a large range of colours?

To please my clients who do want extensions and perhaps attract a new clientele I am thinking of doing some additional training - am thinking a gel as I am used to Bio but something more durable, stronger, a hard gel. Does anyone have any recommendations of brand?

Sorry for the long winded post!

I do Shellac & Artistic, they have a huge range of colours and really nice ones too. But I will admit I have just invested in Gelish system because of its popularity, waiting for delivery so I can't comment on how Gelish is yet. Hth

To the op. You sound exactly like me. I'm a beauty therapist that does a lot of nails. I have been doing shellac since the word go and it's been a while since its excited me. I have been reading a lot and doing a lot of research and have just invested in gel ll to run alongside shellac. Colour choice is huge and price wise very similar to shellac but for larger bottles.
I have found application pretty straightforward and it's lasting brilliantly on me who could never keep shellac on.

My clients think a little glitter is pretty crazy so like things like the colour change gels from gel ll.

Very impressed with support and customer service, especially over the holiday period.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back