HELP! white tips/smile lines??!?!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmoz33

Reaction score
hi,
i am having problems with smile lines i can get a nice shape, but i cant get the white acrylic even its always bumpy and too much on one side etc... then when i go to put the pink acrylic over the rest of the nail they dont meet together smoothly i either end up filing for england or trying to fill in the dints...i am getting frustrated with this and dreading doing the french nails so much so i have been using the white tips i feel like i am cheating myself and i will never get any better if i keep avoiding doing them properly.
any suggestions would be great as its driving me crazy.
kat xxx

Justa thought, but if your product is lumpy then perhaps you are working too dry so it then sets alot quicker before you have achance to spread it evenly.

I also would say to use white tips ,then do a white L&P over the top but use the tip as a guide when it comes to the smile line. This will help you with placement, give you good practise in getting the smiles and give you a little more confidence. Using white tips isn't really cheating as when you need to rebalance you will still need to do a smile line. This is when you can then use the free edge as a guide that has grown.

Just keep practising.

Hi Kat,
There is a brill tutorial about smile lines on this site...........
Go to site stuff , then click on tutorials and then the million dollar smile link.............then read the sculting one too.............

This will show you step by step how to create the smile line nice and even to die for.........and the sculting one covers zone 2-3 application
HTH

thanks both of you for your help, i think the acrylic may have been too dry...i looked at the million dollar smiles and he said the same thing maybe i am using all the liquid on one side of the smile....i will get the trainer hand back out again :)

thank you
kat x

Almost every nail technician in the world tends to be heavy on one side of their application. If you know you are doing this then the answer is to pay a little more attention to that side when smoothing and make sure you reduce the heavy side a bit more and encourage it back towards the centre of the nail.

As for dips and troughs. Remember that when you press the product onto the nail, you do so with firmer pressure than when you are smoothing. Try to lighten up on the pressure so that you 'smooth don't move' the product.

Latest posts

Back