Help! ... Why is my white, 'grey'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glorsclaws

Photographic Geek
Reaction score
Can someone shed any light on this for me?
I am wearing stiletto overlays at the mo in p&w using Retentiom+/ Perfect powder. They dont look as good as they could though because my white looks dull/grey.
I thought it may be my brush?/ products contaminated? ....
So, a friend buffed back one of the nails and applied again using her products/brush and I still have the same dull appearance.
Could it be my nails?
I'm really confused here!

Glorsclaws said:
I am wearing stiletto overlays at the mo in p&w using Retentiom+/ Perfect powder. They dont look as good as they could though because my white looks dull/grey.
So, a friend buffed back one of the nails and applied again using her products/brush and I still have the same dull appearance.
Could it be my nails?

Hi,
This as been discussed before try this link,
http://www.samuelsweet.com/showthread.php?t=2006&highlight=white+grey
HIH

Glorsclaws said:
Could it be my nails?
Hard to tell without actually seeing them but sounds like you are using your product too wet, and/or the way you are finishing them off.
Try and practise taking more liquid out of your brush, pick up the bead and look at it, it should have the appearance of orange peel? when you place it onto the tip let it settle before touching it, and dont press onto it and them wipe most of it off onto a gauze pad. it should feel quite springy to work with and it should not stick to your brush if it is the correct consistency so you would nto have to wipe your brush. this is just a suggestion, hope it helps.
DEBBIE

Hmmm!,
I havent been particularly happy with the last couple of sets that I have done and I have noticed that the product has tended to cling to my brush, so I think you may be right with your suggestions.
My Foundation was a few months back now and I think that a few bad habbits maybe starting to creep in.
Obviously I want more education anyway so can I ask you what would you suggest at this point Debbie ... a 1-1 or class?.
Thanx for your help.

Glorsclaws said:
Hmmm!,
I havent been particularly happy with the last couple of sets that I have done and I have noticed that the product has tended to cling to my brush, so I think you may be right with your suggestions.
My Foundation was a few months back now and I think that a few bad habbits maybe starting to creep in.
Obviously I want more education anyway so can I ask you what would you suggest at this point Debbie ... a 1-1 or class?.
Thanx for your help.
I WOULD GO FOR 121, IT IS SO EASY FOR AN EDUCATOR TO SEE WHERE YOU MAY NEED A LITTLE HELP, AND POINT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION WHEN ITS JUST YOU AND THEM. NOT THAT WE DONT DO THAT ON A CLASS BUT 121 IS A LIFE SAVER FOR SOME TECHS, WHO ARE READY TO "THROW THE BRUSH IN" WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM SOMEONE ELSE EVERYTHING FALLS INTO PLACE.
DEBBIE EASTER

Glorsclaws said:
Could it be my nails?
Hard to tell without actually seeing them but sounds like you are using your product too wet, and/or the way you are finishing them off.
Try and practise taking more liquid out of your brush, pick up the bead and look at it, it should have the appearance of orange peel? when you place it onto the tip let it settle before touching it, and dont press onto it and them wipe most of it off onto a gauze pad. it should feel quite springy to work with and it should not stick to your brush if it is the correct consistency so you would nto have to wipe your brush. this is just a suggestion, hope it helps.
DEBBIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back