Help with a colour please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
how can I get from the first pic to the 2nd !?!

Base 100% white

Mid lengths and ends faded 7/75
She was originally 4:75 I bleached bathed over the last year to get to where we are now

She picked the swatch 7/53 from alfaparf which I added 8 NI base ( equal parts ) plus 10vol
( NI Is for resistant white ) but as you can see, nowt like it.

She throws out a lot of copper/gold so 7/53 prob wasn’t my best choice.

You can see the poor coverage as well

Attachments

• 68B47C4E-413D-465A-83BB-C139107B59AB.jpeg
    68B47C4E-413D-465A-83BB-C139107B59AB.jpeg
    689.4 KB · Views: 55
  • E539304D-EA1E-461F-923B-1628ABE012D3.jpeg
    E539304D-EA1E-461F-923B-1628ABE012D3.jpeg
    1,001.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 423B82AF-D77A-41A7-8B88-F6F76657D090.jpeg
    423B82AF-D77A-41A7-8B88-F6F76657D090.jpeg
    574.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 7992D854-56EC-43C0-9863-C3E5C11B766E.jpeg
    7992D854-56EC-43C0-9863-C3E5C11B766E.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 43
Hiya, on the photo of her when she’s outside I don’t think you’re that far off your target shade, I think it needs a bit more warmth and a bit more depth adding into it. Regarding the roots i would of mixed 7.53 and 7 equal parts with 20 vol, 10 vol doesn’t give coverage it just darkens, then for the ends 7.53 with 10vol to deposit the tones rather than lift the hair. Xx

Thank you for replying ! It’s giving me a headache

I’ve not used alfaparf before I was advised ( by the wholesalers) to use 10vol, and an 8 NI because the NI’s come up dark ?

I usually use koleston perfect and I’d have used 20 vol and 1/4 base with 3/4 desired colour maybe even 50/50.

So I should’ve used 7 NI with the 7/53 ?

Also I used to to pre pig her regrowth with a 7 ( no peroxide) First, can I still do this with the NI 7 ?

I’ve not done the conversion course yet and I’m getting confused ! X

Last edited:

I’ve not used alfaparf before I was advised ( by the wholesalers) to use 10vol, and an 8 NI because the NI’s come up dark ?

I usually use koleston perfect and I’d have used 20 vol and 1/4 base with 3/4 desired colour maybe even 50/50.

Also I used to to pre pig her regrowth with a 7 ( no peroxide) First, can I still do this with the NI 7 ?

I use L’Oréal I just don’t think you’ll get the coverage with 10 vol and the roots will seem too light compared to the ends using an 8 on the root

That’s my thoughts, I think I’ll have to wait till the conversion course. It seem to be quite different to what I’ve done for the last 100 years ! X

Either 8IN isn't giving you enough saturation of colour over the white hair or as Caitlin suggested 10vol isn't enough. I think I'd be inclined to go for 7IN + 7/53with 15vol.
The tone looks right, but it's lacking depth.

I've changed from wella to framesi which as a rule with framesi you use 10 vol for normals hades and coverage. And you up the developer to 15vol if 10vol doesn't cover.
It's surprising the difference the developer can make. I now, after using the product for a while, no longer use 10vol to cover white hair. I only use 15vol. Some brands also do a white coverage additive that you add to your formula to boost grey/white coverage. Check to see if alfaparf have something like this. Hope this helps.

I've changed from wella to framesi which as a rule with framesi you use 10 vol for normals hades and coverage. And you up the developer to 15vol if 10vol doesn't cover.
It's surprising the difference the developer can make. I now, after using the product for a while, no longer use 10vol to cover white hair. I only use 15vol. Some brands also do a white coverage additive that you add to your formula to boost grey/white coverage. Check to see if alfaparf have something like this. Hope this helps.

thank you for your reply, I’ve had a quick look and alfaparf have a 15vol for semi ( colour wear) but 10, 20,30 and 40 for tints so I think your all right and the normal 20 would’ve been better with the normal 7 base added.
The product looks good but I’m put off because they don’t seem to have a UK helpline x

thank you for your reply, I’ve had a quick look and alfaparf have a 15vol for semi ( colour wear) but 10, 20,30 and 40 for tints so I think your all right and the normal 20 would’ve been better with the normal 7 base added.
The product looks good but I’m put off because they don’t seem to have a UK helpline x
Good luck, I'm sure it'll all be fine once you've been on the course, you'll be a lot more comfortable with it. In the meantime Check the instruction leaflet, most brands give recommendations on what developers to use depending on desired results.
Also have a look to see if there is a Facebook group/page?

@ronray weve literally just gone to Framesi after eons with L'oreal... how did your swap go and what are they like as a company? if you dont mind me asking :)

@ronray weve literally just gone to Framesi after eons with L'oreal... how did your swap go and what are they like as a company? if you dont mind me asking :)
Hi @Martyn the swap has gone well. We're still using it and not using any other colour brand. We're loving it, a lot more confident in formulating and experimenting now. We use 2001, 2001 intense and Eclectic mainly and all 4 of the beaches for various things. I have used a little bit of glamour but not much. The only downside is the high lifts I'd say, I still prefer wellas Highlift. But I feel like most other brands Highlifts struggle to compete with wellas.
Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. Good luck and have fun with it!

Latest posts

Back