Help with a copper formula please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Ljhair

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i would appriciate some help with a copper formula please. I am looking for similar to the colour in the picture. I have tried a few different formulas in goldwell but they are either too dark or too red, what i want is more of an orange red. I have used 8kg, 8k, 9kg, kk mix, gg mix and its not quite what im after. I havent used the OR colours yet, im thinking thats what i need to use? Or shall i go for another brand??

Attachments

ronray

Reaction score
Sounds like you need more gold. It look at 1 part 8KG + 2 parts 8G

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
What’s your starting point? Has the client got a lot of red and copper naturally?

Ljhair

Reaction score
What’s your starting point? Has the client got a lot of red and copper naturally?
Hi, its for me, i was level 10 blonde all over, this is the colour it is atm, i will probably give it a few more washes to let it fade abit more before going in with a different formula, i just feel its more red than copper x

Attachments

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I love your current colour BC. It’s gorgeous. 😍

Your best bet is to do some slim strand tests on hidden sections because then you’ll see how well it covers your bleached hair. You could also try using a direct dye instead?

Ljhair

Reaction score
I love your current colour BC. It’s gorgeous. 😍

Your best bet is to do some slim strand tests on hidden sections because then you’ll see how well it covers your bleached hair. You could also try using a direct dye instead?
Thank you, i like it once its faded out so maybe ill go up a shade and stick with base 9's. i did originally buy crazy colour orange and candyfloss to mix together, could try that. Stacey soloman posted a wella formula for her hair that looks lovley too! X

Tajray77

Reaction score
I’ve been using colorissimo HLC for my coppers if they want it very bright . No need to pre lighten x

Latest posts