Help with a nail client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPampered

Reaction score
Hi everyone I really hope u can help. I went to do a clients infills on l&p yesterday and one nail had completed at the top (zone 3) to tue point if u put pressure on the tip the acrylic actually lifted from the nail. The client had said this happened on her index finger to a couple of days after I had done her infills on the last appointment and had completly come away. I havent been doing acrylics long, about 3 months but none of my clients have ever had this problem before and I cant figure what may have caused this.

Also when I did the infills yesterday the client asked for gel colour over the top, I use gellux, she uas sent me a picture today and the colour has bubnled and started to come away from the extension. Once again I use gel colour over extensions a fair amount and have never had any problem again, so once again I dont know what has caused this.

Ive 9ffered to go back tomorrow and repaint the clients nails free of charge but I was wondering if anyonne had any ideas why this happened so it doesnt happen again x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I would ask your client whether she has used that finger to apply and force to anything? I had a client who worked in a supermarket and used her index finger to open boxes! This seemed to create a sort of see-saw effect and the pressure on the nail tip caused the back to lift away. Just make sure you do all your prep properly and advise your client, then it should avoid this from happening.
As for the colour bubbling, I have only known this to happen when the product has been applied too thick, so just try to apply in layers as thin as possible :) xx

Thank u lovely. I did go through aftercare again with her, so hopefully it wont happen again, I just still dont understand why. And thank u lovely, when I reply ill do so as thinly as possibpe x

Hiiiiii, What colour gellux? I used to use gellux in my salon but we recently changed to ibd (love it) due to a fair few of tge colours bubbling no matter how thin we applied them.
It always seemed to be the shimmery/pearlised ones that it happened to (not all, but they seemed the main culprits lol)
I kniw a few geeks who use gellux had a few problems with the same too :-D xxx

It was oriental poppy. The only thing I can think of is that it is almost the end of the bottle so maybe has gone a bit think. But therw was no sign of bubbling when I was there x

It was oriental poppy. The only thing I can think of is that it is almost the end of the bottle so maybe has gone a bit think. But therw was no sign of bubbling when I was there x

We have oriental poppy, and i must admit its done it to us a few times, but not all. Do you use the gellux fast bond? For ages we were wondering why our colours kept doing this and when they sent our fast bond back for testing......our fast was was a dodgy one so got a big refund :) we thought it couldve been that that was making them funny, but after finding some geeks having the same problem it could be a few thinks xx

I use fastbond but not had any issues with others so I dont think its this. Im just going to re do them and suggest picking another colour. Its the only thing I can do x

Latest posts

Back