Help with a refund

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

House Beauty

Reaction score
Hi,

So this isn’t to do with my business.

I’ve been off work for so long now I can’t even remember what is normal procedure for this, bit rusty!

So I ordered and paid for a birthday cake on 8th September for my husband and the cakemaker said she would contact me nearer the time. She didn’t, but I figured she was just really busy so I left her to it.

When I then didn’t hear from her on his birthday morning either so I figured she would arrive as planned in the afternoon.

She messaged me to say she’s messed up the fondant but do I want the cake. I was like well no I could have done that so I said kindly not to worry but no I will have a refund. So I could buy him a cake.She offered something else which was just basically chocolates on top of it and we don’t eat chocolate so a whole cake would be wasted. So I said no a refund is fine and gave her my account details.

So now it’s over a week later and she’s saying she’s sent the money back when she hasn’t, waking me up at 12:48am!

She’s so slow to respond I’ve no doubt I will have to remind her to help me when she’s forgotten again.

What is the normal procedure here?

As if say I’d run out of facial products to make a kit and offered an alternative kit that wasn’t wanted I would just refund it.

Of course it’s a cake so she made half of it then messed it up, so I really don’t think that makes me liable to pay for it. I didn’t pay for plain cupcakes or plain ones with Maltesers on top, I paid for fancy personalised fondant.

In my own business if I said I would refund it I wouldn’t then not refund and I certainly wouldn’t keep them waiting for their money. But obviously this person it nothing like me.

What is the next thing to do? It was only £25 but I’m not working so £25 for food I don’t have to eat is quite the cheek.

I would check your bank or credit card company and see if a refund was initiated. If not, then I would call her back and say my bank/credit card company shows not refund was initiated.

Latest posts

Back