Help with a Shellac problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blondie1977

Reaction score
Hiya, I have been using Shellac now for a couple of months and absolutely love it. More recently though I have noticed every now and again I get like a raised dot mark in the Shellac. It does not happen on all the nails and when you finish it you can tell it is there and is not completelty smooth, why is this and does anyone else have this problem? I used all the correct tools and scrub fresh the nails beforehand thoroughly, could it be that dust or something has got into my polishes?

Your help on this would be most appreciated :)

It could be a bit of cuticle still on the nail or like you have said a bit of dust or fluff. I've had this happen before.

Sometimes if I've noticed it after first colour coat I can just gently push it off the nail and then go over with second coat, cure and it fine.
Other times I've finished whole mail, then lightly gone over with a file, wiped with dsperse and put a second top coat on and it's as if it was never there.

Someone else might have other ways of correcting the problem.

HTH xx

I'd agree that it sounds like a dreaded fuzzie! When I get them I gently file and then apply the next coat and it disappears. Saying that, I very rarely get them now that I use the soft landings nail wipes from Sweetsquared as these really are lint free.

Latest posts

Back