Help with acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
i am coming to the end of my acrylic course at college and am really disheartened by them, i do them correctly and they look fab....until 2-3 days later, always lift around the cuticles, any tips on how to avoid this as i'm thinking of throwing in the towel! thanks in advance
oh and i've been using ASP, anyone else use this?

If they are being done completely correctly then this wouldn't be happening ... So you are going to have to examine every aspect of your prep and application to get to the bottom of it.

First thing is prep. Often the culprit with lifting problems. Proper prep is an exacting business of removing every scap of cuticle from the nail surface particularly in the area of the nail folds. any barrier left on the surface between the product and the plate will cause lifting.

Then application:
Product must be packed onto a clean DRY surface and with pressure. Many new ones shy away from doing this fearing they will get the product onto the skin ... But do it you must. Product that lifts so soon after application was never truly bonded on to the plate in the first place.

Product must be thin but even near all the nail folds. Too thick causes lifting. If you can feel any ridge with your nail then the product is too thick.

There are a few suggestions that may help you to find the cause of your problem.

Latest posts

Back