Help with acrylics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraAlle

Reaction score
Hi I’m qualified in shellac on natural nails but today just before holiday I broke my acrylic virginity and got a set done! When I got home I thought they were defo too long so I’ve trimmed and filed them down! Will this weaken or should be fine for holiday? Just worries they’ll break on holiday

Maybe, potentially the stress apex is in the wrong place so they could be 'heavy' at the tip, and the weight may make the lift from the cuticle. Plus they are probably too thick at the FE now.

Maybe, potentially the stress apex is in the wrong place so they could be 'heavy' at the tip, and the weight may make the lift from the cuticle. Plus they are probably too thick at the FE now.

I just took some of the length of the tip down, I didn’t actually take them right down to the FE, hopefully they last the week and I can get them off when I’m back!

Depends on how much length you took off and how long they were to begin with :) If you took the length down more than half a centimeter, then probably the balance is now off. If you also filed the sidewalls, then you risk filing them weaker. They'll probably last the week, though, if they were done properly in the first place. :)

I just took some of the length of the tip down, I didn’t actually take them right down to the FE, hopefully they last the week and I can get them off when I’m back!

The end of the overlay is the FE

Latest posts

Back