Help with adding to Shellac service - eg glitters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mainly I do one coat of colour, but with the newer colours being thinner, you may want to do two. Just have a play and see how you get on. I don't really use white under the glitter as I find it too pale. I use Silver Chrome under my holo silver, but put it over Blackpool if you want it to pop out!

Thank you once again Nicole. Your advice has been invaluable. I've had a further play tonight and I'm in love with holo silver over Waterpark! It's like sparkly denim.

Sadly I don't have Blackpool or Silver Chrome for creating a silver with silver holo. I can't really think of any other colour which I do have which will suffice. It seems ok over the white. I've attached a photograph.

Anyway, I must play on!!! Thank you again x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371332920.442753.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371332920.442753.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 199

So sorry Lucylou, I only just saw your message. Yep, exactly as Nicole has said. I played for the first time last night and am so excited as to how easy it was. Trust me, I ain't no artist and even I created some pretty effects. x

What glitters did you end up getting and what Shellac colours have you got? I'm sure that between us all we could come up with lots of combinations for you.:)

Have you got strawberry smoothie. If you do try the silver over that, that's what I used until silver chrome came out x

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Thank you both again. Ok, The colours I have are...

All the 'French' colours (beau, negligee, studio white and creme puff)
Waterpark
MoP
Zillionaire
Moonlight and roses
Cake pop
Grapefruit sparkle
Lilac longing
Tutti frutti
Tropix
Hot chillis
Hollywood
Red baroness
Masquerade
Dark lava
Rubble
Purple purple
Midnight swim
Rock royalty
Asphalt
Hotski tchotchke

What do we think about maybe using Moonlight and Roses under the silver? Or just clearly pink or something? I shall have another play tonight of course.

Thank you both again x

Oh the glitters I bought are:

Confetti pink
Lavender holo
Silver holo
Azure
Tangerine
Candy pink

x

Thank you once again Nicole. Your advice has been invaluable. I've had a further play tonight and I'm in love with holo silver over Waterpark! It's like sparkly denim.

Sadly I don't have Blackpool or Silver Chrome for creating a silver with silver holo. I can't really think of any other colour which I do have which will suffice. It seems ok over the white. I've attached a photograph.

Anyway, I must play on!!! Thank you again x

Ooooooh! What are the 2 on the left please? I'm putting in an order on Tuesday. they both look lovely & I don't think I have those colours yet.
xx

Thank you both again. Ok, The colours I have are...

All the 'French' colours (beau, negligee, studio white and creme puff)
Waterpark
MoP
Zillionaire
Moonlight and roses
Cake pop
Grapefruit sparkle
Lilac longing
Tutti frutti
Tropix
Hot chillis
Hollywood
Red baroness
Masquerade
Dark lava
Rubble
Purple purple
Midnight swim
Rock royalty
Asphalt
Hotski tchotchke

What do we think about maybe using Moonlight and Roses under the silver? Or just clearly pink or something? I shall have another play tonight of course.

Thank you both again x

Oh the glitters I bought are:

Confetti pink
Lavender holo
Silver holo
Azure
Tangerine
Candy pink

x

To start you off you have some great like for like colours there, such as RR with purple holo, TF with both pinks, Tropix and Hot Chillis with Tangerine and the silver holo over anything that will contrast with it, or anything that you would like to lighten right up. (Remember my Pink Bikini with Silver holo made just a hint of pink glitter)
Is the Azure glitter blue? If so, obviously Waterpark and Midnight Swim, but I would see what it was like over your pink Shellacs to see if you can make purple.

This is just to start you off, but I would do lots of pops and see what you come up with. It's all good fun. :)

Ooooooh! What are the 2 on the left please? I'm putting in an order on Tuesday. they both look lovely & I don't think I have those colours yet.
xx

The two pinks honey? The farthest left is Lavender Holographic over Tutti Frutti and the pale pink is Pink confetti over Cake Pop. Hope that helps!! x

To start you off you have some great like for like colours there, such as RR with purple holo, TF with both pinks, Tropix and Hot Chillis with Tangerine and the silver holo over anything that will contrast with it, or anything that you would like to lighten right up. (Remember my Pink Bikini with Silver holo made just a hint of pink glitter)
Is the Azure glitter blue? If so, obviously Waterpark and Midnight Swim, but I would see what it was like over your pink Shellacs to see if you can make purple.

This is just to start you off, but I would do lots of pops and see what you come up with. It's all good fun. :)

You're such a help! Yes, it is good fun once you get started! The azure is a lilac purple sort of colour. Definitely not blue. It's my least favourite at the moment as I haven't seen it have much effect. I love all of the others. The only thing I'm struggling with is making pure pure striking silver for a particular client. I put it over white. Not sure what else I could use. Thanks again Nicole for being so helpful x

Have you tried popping it over Asphalt? I don't have that colour myself, but that would be my first thought if I didn't have Silver Chrome. You may need to do two coats of Asphalt, depending on how much coverage you get from one.

The two pinks honey? The farthest left is Lavender Holographic over Tutti Frutti and the pale pink is Pink confetti over Cake Pop. Hope that helps!! x

Thank you! Defo adding them to my list :) xx

I love a glitter fade over a color or nude nail. What is hot now is mixed chunky glitter of different sizes and colors.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 222
I love a glitter fade over a color or nude nail. What is hot now is mixed chunky glitter of different sizes and colors.

Beautiful Bo. :)

How do you get the light to bounce off the sparkle like that in the top right picture?

Have you tried popping it over Asphalt? I don't have that colour myself, but that would be my first thought if I didn't have Silver Chrome. You may need to do two coats of Asphalt, depending on how much coverage you get from one.

Well, asphalt gave a gorgeous steely chrome sort of colour. Hard to describe really. I love it though. Love them all!

Quick question ladies; I did my first rockstar ring fingers today and managed to get two minuscule fragments of glitter on one of the nails next to the ring finger. Can I ask how you prevent glitter contamination of neighbouring nails?? x

Oh it's a pain when that happens isn't it?

I held a Soft Landings square around the nail that is being glittered as it can grab the loose glitter, or if you really want to be sure it won't happen you could always completely finish all the other nails first but this will extend your service time.

@Bo, I have an Android phone (Samsung S3) but when I tried downloading that App, I was getting all sorts of weird options for it but nothing to do with photography!

Well, asphalt gave a gorgeous steely chrome sort of colour. Hard to describe really. I love it though. Love them all!

Quick question ladies; I did my first rockstar ring fingers today and managed to get two minuscule fragments of glitter on one of the nails next to the ring finger. Can I ask how you prevent glitter contamination of neighbouring nails?? x

That is a pain. I tried the Soft Landings towels once, and my client ended up touching it, getting fuzzies on the nails we didn't want the glitter on etc.

In the end I've taken to finishing off all the nails I don't want glitter on, and then applying the glitter and doing the rockstar nails after. A bit time consuming, but much quicker than having to sort out fuzzies etc. Quite a few of my clients have arthritis and it's easier this way.

Couple of questions basically because I'm nosey...

1. How are you displaying your rockstars? Are you placing all glitters over all colours to give your clients a huge choice, or do you mix and match when the client is there? How do you get a feel of what the end result is going to look?

2. Also, I've only got 8 colours so far, what others should I get or do I need?

I've got:
  • Silver Holo
  • Purple Holo
  • Blue
  • Gold
  • Light Pink
  • Magenta
  • Black Holo (not played with yet)
  • Deep Red Holo (not played with yet)

I'd say your collection is fine Claire, otherwise where do you draw the line?! It can get so addictive.

With displaying them, I do pops just like for my normal colours and I only do a direct match, or I have a couple of colour fades that I really like e.g. Midnight Swim and Silver holo. Otherwise again, you can go over the the top and it might leave your client overwhelmed with choice.

The other day I had a client that wanted a Rockstar ring finger and I suggested a glitter to go over the top but hadn't popped it, so I did a pop whilst we were working on her colour, so that she could see what it would look like. She really appreciated it and liked the combo, so we went ahead.

Latest posts

Back