Help with adding to Shellac service - eg glitters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple of questions basically because I'm nosey...

1. How are you displaying your rockstars? Are you placing all glitters over all colours to give your clients a huge choice, or do you mix and match when the client is there? How do you get a feel of what the end result is going to look?

2. Also, I've only got 8 colours so far, what others should I get or do I need?

I've got:
  • Silver Holo
  • Purple Holo
  • Blue
  • Gold
  • Light Pink
  • Magenta
  • Black Holo (not played with yet)
  • Deep Red Holo (not played with yet)

I've got mine over the best match. A few I have done over different colours and I will occasionally whip a pop up whilst clients are there.

In my opinion you need all the holo's except the gold its not nice its too yellow.

Petrol green, rainbow blue and candy pink are my other favs. I also love apple, tangerine, pink champagne and confetti pink.

HTH I've got most of the irresistible glitters so let me know if there are any you want to see before you take the plunge and buy them xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Steph, have you posted a photo of them altogether? It would be great to have that as a reference, as it would be easy to compare the other shades to our own if we could see them all, if that makes sense?

Steph, have you posted a photo of them altogether? It would be great to have that as a reference, as it would be easy to compare the other shades to our own if we could see them all, if that makes sense?

I haven't no but I will get a photo and pop it on here. Still need to actually do pops of some of the colours lol, never seem to have time! Xx

Must o pops for the black and red. Been wanting to do them for a little while and just don't get the time.

A photo of your pops would be great Steph, can't wait to see them all.

Some of my clients look at the glitter pops and say they are nice but too bright for them, so I would like to try and get more subtle bling colours, if you see what I mean. That way I'll give more variety and hopefully get those who like subtle to start having a little something extra.

7uhejybu.jpg

Here's the dark red holo over wildfire.

u2uzeqyg.jpg

Apple over limeaid

Does anyone have any pics of combinations with confetti pink?
I've already got it but I'm lacking inspiration with it as i don't think it's that great :( xx

Does anyone have any pics of combinations with confetti pink?
I've already got it but I'm lacking inspiration with it as i don't think it's that great :( xx

So far I've only done it over Cake Pop and Hot Chillis. I really like it! My photo of it over Cake Pop is higher up on this thread. I don't have a photo of it over Hot Chillis yet but I'll try to do that tonight for you. I think it's really versatile and was a completely different colour over those two different pinks x

Ok I took pics yesterday. If you want to see any other combos let me know and I will get them done.
vepaqe9a.jpg
Blackpool with black holo, Asphalt with Gunmetal, Fedora with chocolate, Pretty Poison with Chameleon (if you like Vinylux in gulided pleasure you'll love this glitter) pretty poison with petrol green.

abagyvat.jpg
hotski to tchotchke with green holo, limeaid with apple, midnight swim with rainbow blue, azure wish with blue holo, azure wish with Capri.

Tapatalk is playing up now and won't let me add more I will keep trying though. In the meantime I will add them to my facebook page www.facebook.com/woodlandsbeauty9

5a5epu7a.jpg

Dark Lava with Garnet, Wildfire with Deepest Red Holographic, Red Baroness with red holographic, tropix with salmon, lobster roll with salmon

eqajezuv.jpg

Hot Pop Pink with darkest pink.holographic, Tutti Frutti with candy pink, hot pop pink with pink champagne, hot pop pink with lavender holographic, cake pop with confetti pink.

3ytusaqe.jpg

lilac longing with purple holographic, lilac longing with blackcurrent, tropix with Tangerine, tropix with yellow additive layer of clearly pink then Tangerine glitter

7y5uhy6y.jpg

Midnight swim with candy pink, cream puff with white holographic, lilac longing with silver foil and white holographic, cake pop with white holographic.

7amuhu3a.jpg

Azure wish with silver holographic fade, cake pop with silver holographic fade. Next four are all strawberry smoothie with pink champagne, Tangerine, apple and blackcurrent.

Blimey woman! Do you have every glitter available because it sure looks it?!!

Thanks for the pops, very helpful and they look amazing. x

Blimey woman! Do you have every glitter available because it sure looks it?!!

Thanks for the pops, very helpful and they look amazing. x

Uummmm yeah near enough have the lot. I've got all the the holographic except the gold one cause I do not like it, far to yellow. Think I have 3 left to get from the iridescent range. Need all the irregulars though. I've only got 5 or 6 from the main range because I've got glitters that match the rest already. I'm a tad bit obsessed with sparkly things lol x

Uummmm yeah near enough have the lot. I've got all the the holographic except the gold one cause I do not like it, far to yellow. Think I have 3 left to get from the iridescent range. Need all the irregulars though. I've only got 5 or 6 from the main range because I've got glitters that match the rest already. I'm a tad bit obsessed with sparkly things lol x

You don't say lol

Have they changed some names, like Darkest Pink? I have Magenta but they look the same.

I'd love to get more, but it's getting the clients to be a bit more adventurous. Any ideas or tips?x

You don't say lol

Have they changed some names, like Darkest Pink? I have Magenta but they look the same.

I'd love to get more, but it's getting the clients to be a bit more adventurous. Any ideas or tips?x

Darkest pink is in the holographic range I think magenta is in the flat colour range x

Latest posts

Back