Help with advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinklady2007

Reaction score
Hi
i have recently started to rent a table in a hairdressers. the girl who did this there before me has now left as she has bought her own premises and has taken most of her clients with her so i have to find my own.
i have put up adverts in newsagents windows, put an add in the paper for week, posted leaflets, put an add on yell.com and even all the free advertisements. i have spent a lot of money trying to get myself noticed and am having no joy!!
any suggestions on what else i can do or where i can advertise would be great! Has anyone else had this problem?
im seriously considering giving up i just dont know what else to do!!
help!!:cry:

hi hun dont waste your money on local newspapers or mags,try getting some flyers printed go to the local car parks by your salon and place flyers on windscreens,target all the local shops eg ask them to place flyer in changing rooms etc and you ll give them free set of nail enhancements etc once a month for advertising for you,try placing your adverts in brides shops sun bed shops,clothes shops etc,even try the local barbers avertising manicures for men,perhaps even offer specail prices for nov and dec by under cutting all your local technicains not popular i know,but it will give you a chance to build client base, and once they like your work and trust you they will come back not matter when your offer ends!:lol:AINT PERSONEL JUST BUISNESS JUST THIS TIME ITS PERSONAL BUISNESS :green:

Sorry, I'm going to disagree here. Flyers can be good but don't undercut other techs, all this serves to do is de-value your treatments.
Try offering a small gift as an incentive (like a pinkie bottle of cuticle oil for each new customer.)
The only advertising that pays IMHO is yellow pages. Try offering a local newspaper reporter a free treatment in return for a write up about your new venture. Offer this along side a competition that they can run, so prospective clients can try to get a treatment.
People read the stories in local papers, especially if there is something in it for them, not the adverts so much.
Hope this helps.

thanks for your help guys. they are some really good ideas and now i hope they work! i'll keep u updated and if you have any more ideas let me know! :smack:

pay a hitman to runover the previous tech (not too much damage though) and they will probably wanna give you a try.:)
At least they are used to going to that salon ......

pmsl:lol: good to see you back again Nailzoo.

pay a hitman to runover the previous tech (not too much damage though) and they will probably wanna give you a try.:)
At least they are used to going to that salon ......

i love that idea lol!!

Send out emails to all local schools and offer vouchers for Christmas fares etc!
it's a great way to get new clients!
xx

Latest posts

Back