help with airbrushed nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluebell

Reaction score
has anyone got any advice on keeping airbrushed colors on natural nails. I prepare the nails apply a base coat, airbrush the nails then use melles topcoat, my ladies with natural nails cannot keep the application on, the ones with gel on keep on for 2 weeks.makes me disappointed. after all the time spent on the nails.

Its a case of asking clients to apply clear varnish every 1-2 days to keep it fresh and chip free. Also try and apply your top coat over the tip of the nail and on the underside.

Hey there,
This is a tricky one, I too get soooooo frustrated :irked: when trying to keep nail art on natural nails, most of my clients have the design off with in days, longest I have got a natural nail design to stay on is 5 days, but over an enhancement yes can last between 2 - 3 weeks, so irritating.

It is best to make sure the whole design is sealed with a top coat and yes as mentioned previously get the client to applu top coat too, this does prolong the life a tad but I am with you on this one if any one has any ideas I will also be grateful as i have been airbrushing for 2 years now and still have not found the answer.

Good luck
xxx

this is what i do and it works for me
prep the natural nail as you would for enhancements, cuticle work making sure all non living tissue is off the nail plate.
then dehydrate the natural nails.
apply your base coat
then airbrush your design
topcoat making sure you buffer the side walls and the free edge, i then wait 15 minutes clean around surrounding skin then i apply a second coat of top coat
i wouls also retail your client a topcoat and have her put it on every other day.
show her how to bring the top coat right over the free edge like you would with gel, this then encapsulates your airbrush design
hth :p

You'll never get airbrushed nail art to last as long on natural nails as it does on enhancements..... However, in addition to the excellent advice given above, just before you apply the base coat, try using a little primer on the natural nail, then continue as normal. I find this helps quite a bit. :)

Jackie :)

Make sure the nail is completely clean before you start and use a good base coat. Melle's is excellent so you shouldnt really be having probs. How long do you want the designs to last? Are you bumpering the nail by bringing the top coat down and over the free edge? If they want say a french to last longer maybe try getting them to have a gel overlay or a custom blended manicure (l&p overlay) using pink & white.

HTH

thanks to you all for the advice, I have tried various tricks, will try afew more of the suggestions.

Latest posts

Back