Help with applying tips/sculptures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

janeburrows

Reaction score
Hi
I have just bought and signed up for a bio sculpture course, the date is 13th June. My friend who is opening a salon in July has done the same.
We have one problem, we have been told that before the course we must learn how to apply tips and do sculptures.
Is there anyone who is in the Perth area that could help us out? We would be happy to pay for your time to teach us. Both of us have HNC hand and foot treatments passed and I have been doing bio sculpture overlays for the last year.
Hope someone can help us. Thanks
BTW love this web site.
Thanks
Jane

I am a bit confused by this question - what kind of course is it - how many days - surely if this is a foundation course and the first one you will be doing - they should teach you the basics at least.

Please dont take this the wrong way - I am not by any means criticising you - I am criticising a company who will take your money for a nail course and expect you to already know these things - unless it is a conversion course - in which case they should need confirmation that you have done a similar course already which covers the basics.

Hope this makes sense and does not cause any offense to you.

BTW - I was born in Perth but sady I don't live there anymore.

Hi,

I am still in the learning/unqualified status but I live nearby.

I think if you do need to know how to apply tips the best thing would be to buy a Nail Trainer Hand and practice using that. I'm learning using the Essential Nails Homelearn Course and they provide you with a video and handbooks which are really good.

Maybe you could go down the lines of getting a video and nail trainer hand but as said above, seems a bit weird if your going on a course with them, they should teach you this.

janeburrows said:
Hi
I have just bought and signed up for a bio sculpture course, the date is 13th June. My friend who is opening a salon in July has done the same.
We have one problem, we have been told that before the course we must learn how to apply tips and do sculptures.
Is there anyone who is in the Perth area that could help us out? We would be happy to pay for your time to teach us. Both of us have HNC hand and foot treatments passed and I have been doing bio sculpture overlays for the last year.
Hope someone can help us. Thanks
BTW love this web site.
Thanks
Jane
I did my BioSculpture training day a couple of months back & although in the confirmation letter it does say you should be proficient with tip application this is not obligatory (I freaked out when I read that in the letter as I wanted to sculpt rather than work with tips so rang them to check).
If you are choosing to work with tips then they expect you to already be competant with application/blending etc, on the training day tips are not used. As for the sculpting, that is taught on the day then after going away and practicing you return a few weeks later to be assessed. On my training day not one of us had sculpted before but we all got it sorted.
You are required to have done a basic nail course already as the training is more a conversion course and does not cover anything other than the gel application and product knowledge.

I'm puzzled though, if you are already doing BioSculpture overlays how come you are only doing the training day now? I was under the impression that if you are not on their data base as having been trained & assessed they would not be sell the product to you, at least thats how it works at the distribution centre I order through.

Hi Karen

Thanks - you have put my mind at ease. We too were freaking out.
When I bought my kit a year ago I couldn't attend on a Sunday as I was then running our Hotel and had no cover for that day. I put off the training and they agreed that under the circumstances I could order supplies until I was able to do the course.
I have found bio sculpture very simple to use and have great results with the gel overlays.
Several people have asked for sculptures so I would like to learn this skill and eventually offer this service.
I have heard, through this forum, that tips are not that successful with gel as it is not strong enough. In any case I would like to expand my knowledge and skills in this direction as well.

Thanks for responding
Jane

Ahhhhhhhh righty ho, I get it now, sorry I'm such a nosey bugger :lol:

I was really worried before the day as to just how hard it was going to be but I have to say once I got past the "gritted teeth" & huffing & puffing stage it got a lot easier :lol: I'm loving the sculpting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back