Help with banding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldigga

Reaction score
Hi,
This is a question about my own hair..so I'm a natural warm level 7 and at the moment I have the root drag look with a 5/1 root and pre lightnend ends that are toned with ash,my problem is my roots were getting too big as I was getting them done every 4-6 weeks and just putting a toner through the ends,I got my roots done yesterday and decided to try and take the blonde higher up using bleach & 6%,it came up really orange,so tried again with bleach and 9% and it's still not budging so now have nice dark roots with ashy ends and a band of orange/gold in middle,I know it's a build up of root colour and my own warmth I'm fighting against but any suggestions on how to even this out? I'm also thinking I'm going to have this problem everytime i try to take the blonde higher because I use a root colour,any help appreciated thanks

Do you use a permanent 5/1?
Have you tried wrapping your lightener in foil to increase lift?

Do you use a permanent 5/1?
Have you tried wrapping your lightener in foil to increase lift?

Yeah it's always permanent I've used on the roots as the semi just didn't kill the warmth of my natural hair (I'm quite auburn) and would wash out fast,when I did the bleach & 6% I went under heat for 20mins and with the bleach and 9% we wrapped in foils

Yeah it's always permanent I've used on the roots as the semi just didn't kill the warmth of my natural hair (I'm quite auburn) and would wash out fast,when I did the bleach & 6% I went under heat for 20mins and with the bleach and 9% we wrapped in foils

Attachments

• 1505206130338.jpg
    1505206130338.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 87
1. Is there quite a build up of permanent colour from the 5.1?
I'm really surprised that two bleach attempts have still left it very orange so I'd also wonder if the bleach or peroxide has been open too long?
I'd be cautious about the overall condition now and would do some strand tests before putting any more chemicals on it.
Maybe consider covering the orange with a green based level 6 ash.
Next time try a colour reducer to lift out the darker tint and then go in with bleach to lift it. No point now though.

1. Is there quite a build up of permanent colour from the 5.1?
I'm really surprised that two bleach attempts have still left it very orange so I'd also wonder if the bleach or peroxide has been open too long?
I'd be cautious about the overall condition now and would do some strand tests before putting any more chemicals on it.
Maybe consider covering the orange with a green based level 6 ash.
Next time try a colour reducer to lift out the darker tint and then go in with bleach to lift it. No point now though.

I try not to take the root colour right down when I get it done to stop the build up but I do get it combed through slightly to blend it,i had trouble the first time I lifted my ends and took 2 bleaches and then going in with Scattered foils every few weeks,I'm just wondering if this is how my hair is going to be

I try not to take the root colour right down when I get it done to stop the build up but I do get it combed through slightly to blend it,i had trouble the first time I lifted my ends and took 2 bleaches and then going in with Scattered foils every few weeks,I'm just wondering if this is how my hair is going to be

Hsve you thought about adding some golden pieces to the blond ends to even it out thst way rather than keep bleaching the band? Now its autumn be a nice change.

Latest posts

Back