Help with bleaching long virgin roots & very faded boxed dye!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaylaspivey

Reaction score
hi! i've had my hair bleached once before at a regis salon in florida (TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!) i swear, the woman had never gone to school. i left with fried hair that was breaking apart in my hands. can't remember how long she left the bleach on...but it had to be well close to an hour under a heater. bleh.

long story short, i refuse to get it done at a salon anymore. i have all the supplies i need to bleach my own hair.

i am no stranger to using "salon" quality dyes/developers. i've dyed my hair using ion medium intense red for YEARS. i recently moved to norway and had a hard time finding where to purchase hair color, so i caved in and bought a boxed dye. it's been close to a year since doing so.

i have the schwarzkopf blue igora bleach and 20v and 30v developer.

natural color: level 3

i cut a few strands from the back of my head, making sure to include a decent amount of outgrowth.

i did a strand test (30v), and as expected, the virgin hair lightened a lot better than the colored hair did. i got the strand test to range between a level 7 and level 6.

i was already planning on doing a second bleaching after a few weeks, or a bleach bath to lighten some more. i'm not interested in getting this all in one shot. my hair's health is more important to me than getting the color right off the bat.

any suggestions? will the second bleaching bleach more evenly?

also, at what point would i bleach my roots?

also, i plan on toning using wella t18 :)

thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,

Unfortunately as you are not a hairdresser you won't be advised on any chemical processes on here.

I would advise you to find a good hairdresser, maybe recommendations from friends/family. Not all hairdressers are bad and they won't ruin your hair.

Step away from bleach and chemicals as you may do more damage than good and it will cost you more in the long run having a hairdresser trying to fix it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

A salon is absolutely not even an option. this is a picture of my cousin who went to a salon for ombre based off suggestions from friends and family.

I'll ask my friend who is a hair dresser and has plenty of experience (she's 1000s of miles away). she's the only one I'd ever trust

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1404463398637.jpg
    1404463398637.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 127

Latest posts

Back