Help with blonde roots, dark hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lily72

Reaction score
Hi guys ln qualified in wedding and on-set makeup, not hair. But l wanted to aska question.
So my natural hair is very lights ash blonde and l dyed it myself at home to dark brown. I went to my hairdresser and said it was way too dark so he stripped it and dyed it a lighter brown. But he wouldn't touch the roots, I'm unhappy with it. İt's been 3 weeks and now i have light brown-medium ends, dark hair on top and blonde routes coming through.
What can i tell my hairdresser that i want instead of just letting them decide again. İ just want to fade it enough that i can grow out my hair without it looking strange or so contrasting.
Thankyou!

Attachments

• IMG_20190921_225427.jpg
    IMG_20190921_225427.jpg
    748.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20190921_232342.jpg
    IMG_20190921_232342.jpg
    912.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20190921_232512.jpg
    IMG_20190921_232512.jpg
    742.4 KB · Views: 25
Which pic is after your hairdresser did it?

I'd find a picture of the colour you want and show it to them saying "I want this colour".

Sorry that sounds sarcastic but just be assertive!

Hi guys ln qualified in wedding and on-set makeup, not hair. But l wanted to aska question.
So my natural hair is very lights ash blonde and l dyed it myself at home to dark brown. I went to my hairdresser and said it was way too dark so he stripped it and dyed it a lighter brown. But he wouldn't touch the roots, I'm unhappy with it. İt's been 3 weeks and now i have light brown-medium ends, dark hair on top and blonde routes coming through.
What can i tell my hairdresser that i want instead of just letting them decide again. İ just want to fade it enough that i can grow out my hair without it looking strange or so contrasting.
Thankyou!
I take it the first picture is your hair now?
I can't understand why they haven't coloured your roots to match your ends?
Find a picture, or just express what you're unhappy with. To be fair anybody with a bit of common sense would be able to see what needs to be done to even it out.

Maybe you need to find a new hairdresser who will ask you lots of questions to work out what you really want?

Latest posts

Back