Help with Brisa Gel & Shellac for a client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natalie3344

Reaction score
I have done a search but couldn't find any answers!

So I hope someone can help! I had a new client a few weeks ago who came to me with shellac on and fibreglass overlay and she wanted them removed because they were coming clean off her nail and peeling up away from the cuticle area. So I removed them a reapplied Shellac!

She came back about 10 days later because one of her nails had split in the corner. The application was perfect no lifting or chipping just her nail underneath had split. I removed the shellac and did a thin layer of brisa with shellac on top.

Its been about 2 weeks and she text today to say one of the nails has come clean off and the shellac is chipping? Why would this be? What have I done wrong?

I am CND trained, qualified in September and do everything by the book, proper prep, remove shine, scrubfresh, brisa bond, gel, brisa gloss then shellac on top! And obviously I have the correct CND lamp which has 95 hours left with the bulbs.

What shall I do next for this lady? She's back on Monday, and wants something on her nails to give them strength but with shellac on top. She doesn't like acrylic so will only have gel but I've clearly done something wrong along the way for the gel to come off and the shellac to chip!

Please Help!xxxx

sorry to hear about your problems Natalie.. my lady had brisa then shellac too and hers chipped and a few lifted completely like your lady.. hopefully someone will be along to help you soon..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

You said the fibreglass ones she came in with originally also lifted so maybe it's something specific with her nails. Did you identify any medications etc in the consultation and how long is it lasting on other clients x

Are you saying that the nails with a problem have now been on for two weeks? If so then she would be ready for a re shellac or rebalance anyway.
You say you have applied a thin layer of Brisa, are you sure that you have built up your stress area enough. If it is too thin it will just flake off.
Hope I have not confused you as trying to type quickly in between clients. Hth xx

No not on any medication. I really don't think it hers nails coz when I applied just shellac to her natural nails there was no lifting or chipping.

No you haven't confused me! I think maybe I do need to build the stress area a bit more.

But what about the shellac chipping?

was it a nno Natalie?

Not really. Just a layer of clear gel. Do you think maybe that's the problem? I thought you could just do a layer of clear for strength.

well yeah... i thought so too :-\

I don't think the problem is what you are doing! Does she follow the correct after care?
At the end of the day when she leaves you it's her responsibility to look after her nails!!
Have you been redoing that odd nail for free or do you charge? It sounds to me like she is doing something, maybe not wear gloves while washing dishes etc!! After all Shellac is not guaranteed to last 2 wks even with brisa underneath but with the right after care it should last that long and long.
This is what I think anyway could be wrong though, but worth thinking about x

I thought if you were doing a system like Brisa, you had to use the complete system for optimum performance/adhesion!! x

If you are applying Brisa before Shellac you need to do a complete enhancement/NNO.
If you are applying a thin coat without building the apex then the Brisa will not be strong enough and peel or break.

I have a few clients who love Shellac but are hard on their nails but can get 3/4 weeks if they have Brisa on first.
Hths

I haven't repaired nails for free. And she hasn't complained or anything she's just informed that one has come clean off so I'm prepared for her Monday.

I know that it's been two weeks, but I am thinking that nails should last two weeks without coming off and only need redoing because of regrowth. I will see Monday, she may have caught it or something.

Thank you all for your help xx

If you are applying Brisa before Shellac you need to do a complete enhancement/NNO.
If you are applying a thin coat without building the apex then the Brisa will not be strong enough and peel or break.

I have a few clients who love Shellac but are hard on their nails but can get 3/4 weeks if they have Brisa on first.
Hths

So it was me then! :) thank you klassyklaws, so I will do a full nno on her with shellac on top on Monday and we will see how that works! I had a feeling that maybe just a layer of gel was wrong! x

So it was me then! :) thank you klassyklaws, so I will do a full nno on her with shellac on top on Monday and we will see how that works! I had a feeling that maybe just a layer of gel was wrong! x

Didnt you also add brisa gloss then shellac?

Didnt you also add brisa gloss then shellac?

Yeah I did brisa gloss, but didn't really build an apex with gel! Just did clear layer of gel, brisa gloss then shellac x

Yeah I did brisa gloss, but didn't really build an apex with gel! Just did clear layer of gel, brisa gloss then shellac x

:irked: So... how come not building an apex on a nno overlay cause it to chip off?

:irked: So... how come not building an apex on a nno overlay cause it to chip off?

I don't know! But not building an apex would be why the nail come off! But I don't know the answer to why it chipped! :-/

Brisa isn't designed to be applied as a thin coat it's an enhancement product which needs to be built up for strength so building an apex which gives strength is very important even on a nno.

I have had a NNO of Brisa and Shellac on for four weeks, which were still perfect but grow quite slow. I use solar oil twice a day and I wear gloves etc.

I have had some clients which have had chipping/lifting and now know that it is them that are not looking after them properly, even though they insist it is not.
I find that if you redo nails for free they do not bother looking after them as it doesn't cost them anything, but are more cautious if they have to pay!

You can usually tell when you see them and they then say oh yes I did this with them! x

Latest posts

Back