Help with brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgie Porgie

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me what the best size, type, etc. is best for 3D nail art? I am currently using a pro styler from creative, but sometimes getting the ball small enough is difficult....lol
Any advice will be most appreciated, thanks!

Well love , I use all sorts of sizes for the 3D- nail art.
You might want to try visiting your local art and craft shops and look at their Kolinski paint brushes. You can get them as large or as small as you like. I just make sure they are Kolinski Sable.
Just thought, it works for me
Love Ruth xx

Dont know if this is a brush question or a paint question :rolleyes: but, I've been using a size 0 fine detail and as I lay the paint down and begin too drag it, my brush seems to 'cut through it' leaving the nail polish showing through. Is my paint too thick/not thick enough? am I using the wrong brush?. I'm trying not to use any pressure whatsoever but I dont want it to look 3D either. I've been getting plenty compliments but I personally think it looks a bit ...well...crap! :oops: Any advice please peeps.

Gloria - we're all our own worst critics. Why not post a pic and let some of the experienced girls & boys give advice and guidance - along with their opinions.

I for one would love to see your work.

Love
Sue

Hi Sue, someone has been kind enough to give me the use of their digicamera for a week. If, and its a big IF, I work out how to use it I'll definately post a couple of pics. Does anyone out there use a Fujifinepix 6800 zoom to take pics of nails? I want to know if it will be good enough. Might be asking some questions about how to post on here too soon :rolleyes: Oh , also visited Beauty tech today and saw that some techs had just put their hands into the scanner to take pics, does this really work. Does anyone else do this? Sorry for all the questions peeps but I'm a bit green with all this stuff. :oops:

Gloria - Ive tried putting my hands in the scanner - it worked alright - just a couple of 'flat' looking knuckles where I'd rested them on the scanner surface - instead of 'hovering'!!!!

Hope you're keeping well - never hear from you these days!

Sue
xxx

Glorsclaws said:
Does anyone out there use a Fujifinepix 6800 zoom to take pics of nails? I want to know if it will be good enough.

Hi Gloria,

I have a Fujifilm Finepix 4800 Zoom and I find it very good for taking nail photos.

Regarding the camera on loan - Fiona seen you artwork its lovely, :thumbsup: nice clear pics too, so I'll give the camera a go. Adele - got a mixtue of different paints. Some are Nail Ease by Createx and some are just bog standard (Anita's) from the local art shop. I'm using metalics at the mo.(Nail Ease), not quite going according to plan.... :(

Hi Girl

I've been using a size 0 fine detail and as I lay the paint down and begin too drag it, my brush seems to 'cut through it' leaving the nail polish showing through.

I to seem to suffer from this problem. What paints do you use? Most of mine are from Star Nails so I don't know whether that might be my problem - You know...............crap paints!!!!

Adele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back