help with business and home insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisaculli

Reaction score
I'm just about to set up from home after coming out of my salon , i have received permission from my council and my mortgage provider but now need to sort out my insurance, i just called my home insurance provider but they said they cant help me or add on so basically i need to leave them and find a provider who can help me x any advice would be much appreciated xx

I hope you enjoy working from your home salon. There was a post just recently asking about home/business insurance combined. Put a search in.

Obvs you'll still need your professional membership and public liability insurance which I am sure you will continue using from your salon.

Best of luck.

I'm just about to set up from home after coming out of my salon , i have received permission from my council and my mortgage provider but now need to sort out my insurance, i just called my home insurance provider but they said they cant help me or add on so basically i need to leave them and find a provider who can help me x any advice would be much appreciated xx
There are many providers who can easily accommodate your request, you have to search online and compare reviews to find the best one for your need

Last edited:
There are many providers who can easily accommodate your request, you have to search online and compare reviews to find the best one for your need
sorry for delay in replying I have been on hols x thank you x

Can I ask about when you contacted the council? Did it cost you? Was it a case of emailing or calling them? I’m looking at opening a garden salon and no idea where to start with the council side of things? X

Vixtoria Each Council is different. Have at look at your local Council website. Most Councils offer business advice to small businesses setting up. Maybe start there.

If you want to run your own business you have to learn how to research)teach yourself what you need to know. Don’t get overwhelmed, just make a start.

Just do 5 minutes research and see if you can find contact telephone numbers on your Council website. Next day spend 10 mins ringing the Council. If you can’t find a contact telephone number, then you know you’ll have to email. So spend 10 minutes writing a very simple email just saying what you’ve written here.

In the meantime start talking to your neighbours and friends about your plans. These are your potential clients. What is their response? Do they start pointing out problems or expressing concerns or are they enthusiastic? The Council will want to know if there is demand for your business and what market research you have done. They are there to help the Community - you are part of the Community so as long as your business isn’t creating problems and there is a need for your service, they will try to be supportive.

Vixtoria Each Council is different. Have at look at your local Council website. Most Councils offer business advice to small businesses setting up. Maybe start there.

If you want to run your own business you have to learn how to research)teach yourself what you need to know. Don’t get overwhelmed, just make a start.

Just do 5 minutes research and see if you can find contact telephone numbers on your Council website. Next day spend 10 mins ringing the Council. If you can’t find a contact telephone number, then you know you’ll have to email. So spend 10 minutes writing a very simple email just saying what you’ve written here.

In the meantime start talking to your neighbours and friends about your plans. These are your potential clients. What is their response? Do they start pointing out problems or expressing concerns or are they enthusiastic? The Council will want to know if there is demand for your business and what market research you have done. They are there to help the Community - you are part of the Community so as long as your business isn’t creating problems and there is a need for your service, they will try to be supportive.
Thank you for your response.
I’ve tried numnerous methods to contact the council. Ours here are a nightmare.
I already own a salon of 20 years with a full clientele, I’m just looking to move it to home to make life easier for my family.
My mortgage company are happy as long as I tick some boxes (I’ll find those out when they send the documents this week)

Fingers crossed. Xx

I want to thank you for the idea. It never occurred to me that I could work from home when choosing a decent insurance policy. I understand that there will be many problems with this, but it's much better than the problems of insuring two premises at once. My business is in another city, so I would probably lose sleep over the number of worries. Has anyone heard of Homeowners Insurance in Delaware? I'm here recently and have received a few recommendations, but want to check them out after listening to the residents' feedback.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back