Help with choosing my new hair colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrissie5590

Reaction score
I've searched all over google for this and I can't find a thing. I'm 27 and had bleached blond hair for about 15 years, with small gaps where iv gone brown, but I want a change. I look about 17-18 which most people would love but I hate!!! I'm a mother of 4 and all I hear is "you don't look old enough to have kids" I think it's my bleached hair but I don't no what to change it too. Whenever I've gone dark I've instantly felt depressed, in attractive and low but what else can I do...? I have mixed reactions to which suits me better some say dark others say blonde however my bleached hair does also wash me out, if I leave the house with no make up people think I'm ill

If you don't like being a brunette maybe try getting it cut short?

I have been trying to grow the front out so I can have an a line bob but my hair just won't grow. And I'm scared of doing anything incase it makes me look younger. I work in a shop and when I Id anyone they kick off saying I'm not even old enough myself haha it's so frustrating!!

It doesn't have to be an A-line bob. What has your hairdresser suggested?

Post a picture of your current hairstyle and I'll try to suggest something.

It won't let me upload a file grrr

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1509016132.792182.jpg
that's me now and the only one I have as a brunette is this one. It's not the best.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1509016162.929767.jpg

My hair dresser hates my hair blonde. It's very stretchy when wet and breaks a lot

I can see what you mean. I think you look a bit washed out in your first picture as it's all very pale and a bit 1960's looking.

You don't have to go from one extreme to the other. Just a few changes can make a difference. You could try going for a more natural look with a warmer blonde shade instead of white blonde and add a bit of colour to your lips with a pinky beige shade rather than a nude colour.

Also, have you tried a soft fringe? You could try either a blunt fringe of a piecey fringe and see how that looks?

How do u stop a fringe from parting? Last time I tried one, many years ago the slightest movement made me look like I had David beckham curtains .... not the greatest look lol

Latest posts

Back