Help with colour question please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blondie-hair

Reaction score
Hi all I have a client of a base 5/6. She has outgrown colour of around 8/3. So basically needs a root tint to match I’d lengths and ends. Because roots are virgin hair can I put the colour straight on roots or will I need to lighten first. Sorry if it sounds stupid I’m new to this! Thank you

E165782D-695A-40AE-BF0B-DC65C5CBC94F.jpeg

Hi all I have a client of a base 5/6. She has outgrown colour of around 8/3. So basically needs a root tint to match I’d lengths and ends. Because roots are virgin hair can I put the colour straight on roots or will I need to lighten first. Sorry if it sounds stupid I’m new to this! Thank you
If you wanted to use tint, I would probably be looking at 8/1 +9% on the very root (near scalp 1st inch) then use 8/1+12% on the hair below the normal root area and I dare say I'd tone it all over at the end.

so tone all over at the end with 8/1 or 8/3 and 1.9%? Thank you for the reply x

so tone all over at the end with 8/1 or 8/3 and 1.9%? Thank you for the reply x
Depends what it's lifted to really. Your other option could be to bleach it and then tone to match the ends.

That hair looks like it's been bleached before. As ronray said you need to use ash to make sure it counteracts some of the warmth... If you used gold it will be verrrrrry gold

Latest posts

Back