Help with colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michlee39

Reaction score
Hi guys

Color! is there an easy way of remembering them? Just qualified level 2 but still like WTF! baffles me still
Any Hints Tips?
Any help is appreciated

I recommend copying the attached images to keep on your phone for easy reference.
64F2413C-2B42-4D56-96DD-DC018652B036.jpeg
727757F7-869D-4F8B-8C11-183A984B96AD.jpeg
64F2413C-2B42-4D56-96DD-DC018652B036.jpeg

Practise estimating someone’s natural depth and percentage of grey.
Lots of people struggle with the basics but reading up on colour principles and doing a lot of practise really is key to becoming a colour expert.
There are too many hairdressers that haven’t a clue how to mix colours/primary & secondary tones accurately to get the end result they’re after and rely on buying ready made tints then don’t understand why the hair doesn’t look exactly like the picture on the swatch chart.

If you can afford it, I recommend a subscription to myhairdressers.com.
They regularly run half price offers too so register, take the free trial and wait until they email you a half price subscription offer before committing to an annual subscription.
Hopefully, the following link will work.
https://myhairdressers.com/blog/cosmetology-spa-academy-free-trial/

Also, if you do use MHD, remember to download the pdf files to your computer, tablet or phone as you get to keep these as a useful reference guide.

Thank you so much this is really helpful. I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back