Help with cracking.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry chops

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm using fabric# which I love but recently I have been having major cracking problems. The cracks usually appear on a diagonal from zone 2 out to free edge. They nails seem to have no flexibility and seem very brittle. It doesn't seem to matter what length they are. I have tried putting 2 coats of boost on instead of 3 and in thinner coats, nothing seems to make a difference! Could it be the tips I'm using or is it something I'm not doing right?The weird thing is I've been using fabric now for a few months without a problem.
Please help!! from a very frustrated jp.

Well only you know what has changed in your routine. ??
Have you changed your tips?

Are you using too much activator ?? (a major cause of product shattering and becoming brittle.

Review your instructions and follow them. Don't try to speed up the drying process by using more activator than is normal or you will make the product brittle.

Thanks for the advice. Silly question here do you mean spray on activator or both of the activators? Also with blast I have been wiping brush just on one side before applying, is that to much on the brush?
jp.

Too much of any activator can cause excess drying of the product. Try not to drench the enhancemnts with it but just to 'mist' the nails with it.

ONE spray only to each hand.

The amount you say you have on your brush sounds fine to me. But remember, the smaller the bead of BOOSTyou apply, the smaller the amount of brush-on activator you need.

Some people have beeen trying to speed up the process by brushing over the BOOST with another brush of activator ... no no. The whole reason Fabric# enahncements last so long and are so durable is the slow drying process of the brush-on activator and BOOST.

okey dokey, I think i'm o.k now. Let me just double check boost, activate, boost, activate, yeah. Gone back over instructions realise now I have been spraying to much activator! I have client first thing in morning, worried now! Do you think a free set should be offered if she's had the same problem?
jp.

jane phillips said:
okey dokey, I think i'm o.k now. Let me just double check boost, activate, boost, activate, yeah. Gone back over instructions realise now I have been spraying to much activator! I have client first thing in morning, worried now! Do you think a free set should be offered if she's had the same problem?
jp.

It probably is a one-off (we aren't machines and are not always consistent). If you think a new set is warrented, then offer it or maybe a new nail or two if needed. That is good service and shows your commitment to providing the best for your clients.

Feel a lot happier now, thanks your advice and replying so quickly brill!
jp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back