Help with eyelash tinting and patch test??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A warning to all ~ at college one of my lecturers took a bad reaction to a patch test and ended up in casualty. Her face swelled up and her eyes were like oranges she had what can only be described as looking like love bites all over and was signed off work for over a week until it all calmed down. The reaction happened within an hour of her patch test ~ which was the standard tiny bit in the crook of the elbow. All products are different and everyones hormone levels are different dependant on medication, time of month, stress etc. Do not accept that they have had a test before or get tinted regularly.
Imagine this happening to a client and then finding out you are not covered by your insurance. Not worth it..

Hi Nemotail

Just goes to show then. I guess the answer then is to ring your own particular insurance company and see what their rules are. If they say min 24 hrs then it has to be that no matter what. I shall check mine out today.

Regards
Deb379

DON'T DO IT....I'm highly allergic to eyelash tint and I actually told a friend to do it for me without having a patch test and the results were awful.... please don't take any chances....

Latest posts

Back