Help with freewebs website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
for all who use freewebs im sure you'll know what im talking about .. or I hope you will. :) When creating a new page and adding a new paragraph I have gaps between everything! A little like this ..

Full set natural -

Full set french -

Full set glitter -

and

so

on!

Is there something different i should be doing?

xx

I had this problem with mine so I typed everything out on word first then copy & paste, its a bit of a pain but its the only way I could get round it lol. hths

Thankyou. Im having awful problems with it all actually.
I had someone design a website for me originally. I spent a fortune but its never been completed the way i wanted it. plus its now out of date ..... its a lovely website (or could be if it was finished properly) I paid for an online shop too but due to lack of funds im unable to carry on with this .. (carry extra stock and pay for an add on for salon card machine to take online payments)
So ive opted .. for now to make my own. What a headache. Im a little fed up! xx

Hi Nicki-marie

How did you go about setting up your own site?

who did you go with, and how much has it cost you?

Hope you dont mind the questions only i would love to set up a website for my salon but not sure how to go about it?

Thank you
Emma x

Nope of course i dont mind. My boyfriends friend designs websites. So I went through him first of all. It cost me over £1,000. I think i dived in head first with that one. Also because hes a friend of my other half, its a different relationship when working with him. If you get my drift?

With freewebs you can design and make your own. Freewebs.com - Free website, free hosting, free webpage - Make a web site with photo albums, blogs, videos, forums and more!

Id have a search around if you are looking to spend a bit of money. Personally I could of spent my money better. x

Thanks so much for info

I have just checked out the freewebs.com and tried to register, but the name i entered (www) address was not valid, is this because i have to register and buy the web address first, before i get started?

did you buy your address from 123-reg?

sorry for all the questions????

Emma :irked:

it will be the freewebs address then followed by the name/salon name you chose to use.
You can edit extra settings to get rid of the freewebs in the address and also delete advert banners on your page. But these extras you do have to pay for.

Great thank you, i see now, i will give it a go tomorrow.

I have just read your thread about advertising and replied to it, but just thought i would tell you incase you dont read it tonight;

GUMTREE! Its amazing for advertising, and FREE

I am always on it advertising treatments, I have got 6 new clients from there.

Why dont you give that a go? here is the web ad;

Flats to rent London, jobs in London, flatshare, free classified ads UK

GOODLUCK

EMMA X

for all who use freewebs im sure you'll know what im talking about .. or I hope you will. :) When creating a new page and adding a new paragraph I have gaps between everything! A little like this ..

Full set natural -

Full set french -

Full set glitter -

and

so

on!

Is there something different i should be doing?

xx
When doing a page with a lot of text, I too found it best to type it in word and copy and paste. HTHs x

This is my pet hate with freewebs I spend half my life batlling double spacing :grr:, somtimes even if you copy and paste it reformats it into double spacing no one ever found that? :eek:
Nightmare lol

Ami

I just finished mine tonight, and i totally agree with the others.

Type everything in word, then copy, paste.

I was nearly in tears when i started mine, but got there in the end. Just takes loads of patience.

Good Luck

Lisa x

This is my pet hate with freewebs I spend half my life batlling double spacing :grr:, somtimes even if you copy and paste it reformats it into double spacing no one ever found that? :eek:
Nightmare lol

Ami

Internet/HTML pages do not like Microsoft word text however if you copy and paste your text from word into notepad it removes all the formatting associated with it. You can then copy from notepad into freewebs and you should be fine.

Another way to get around the double spacing is to use shift and return after your text as this will space you to the next line and not 2 lines if you get what I mean! Hope this helps! xx

Internet/HTML pages do not like Microsoft word text however if you copy and paste your text from word into notepad it removes all the formatting associated with it. You can then copy from notepad into freewebs and you should be fine.

Another way to get around the double spacing is to use shift and return after your text as this will space you to the next line and not 2 lines if you get what I mean! Hope this helps! xx

Wow thanks! lol

thanks for the comments, I signed up for a free site yesterday after reading this thread.
the tip about SHIFT + RETURN does work.

I'm finding adding pictures to the gallery EXTREMELY frustrating as it keeps on freezing on me.

Has anyone added sound to their site? I have a tingshaw tune that I would like to add.

I'm finding adding pictures to the gallery EXTREMELY frustrating as it keeps on freezing on me.
quote]

It could be that your images are too large. Try saving them as .gif files.

x

I have the opposite prob, it wont let me have the double space to create paragraphs, it keeps popping them back to single space, I had to seperate each section with a image (little diamond) I couldnt find any other way around it.. I have a few freewebs sites and they always do my head in when building them.

well after reading all of these, I've now started to create my own site.

guru holistic therapy rooms |

I have used all of your advice and really love the gallery although excrutiating slow to download pics

and have put a pic of myself on the first page!!!

Omg its 00.40 am, all i gotta do now is my price list,on my freewebs ,boy am i having problems too ,i think i better knock it on the head for tonight,and start again afresh to moz before me lap top ends up on the floor:irked:

i started my freewebs website last year and it has taken me ages to get it so i am happy with it ,
i have upgraded to the premium package though so its just got my name on without the freewebs, but i really cant complain about it , its got me more customers than bloomin any paid advertising ever got me !!(yp, thomson, newspapers, drs surgery ) and thats even when i wasnt paying for it :green:
as long as you use the right meta tags , and keywords then it should start getting found (this is my understanding ,which is not very good to be honest , lol )
stick with it , its worth it !! xx

Latest posts

Back