Help with gel extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfp1980

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I did a gel extension course months ago and did a few sets to practice but didn't feel confident enough as they were snapping off so sat in on the practical on another course through the same course provider.

However, this has confused me a little as I have been shown a different way by both tutors.

1. Taught me to use a soak off base coat before applying 1 thick bead onto zone 2 and ease around the nail. Wipe of sticky residue then do all the filing work, wipe clean and the apply one final layer of hard gel like a polish and cure.

2. Taught me to go straight onto the hard gel and do one thin base later, a second layer of bead in zone 2 (easing over the nail) and then a third thick layer.

I have just done a friend's nails to practice (took me over 2hrs 😳) and I decided to do a layer of thin layer of soak off first and then proceeded with method #2 as I thought this would be the healthiest option for my friend's nails given that we have to file the gel off, I can then soak the last layer off so I'm not filing her natural nail when she wants them removing.

(I am knew to nail enhancements so am not worrying about the length of time it took me as I know I will speed up in time but I am worried about using the wrong method).

Please help :( xx

Can anybody help me please? X

Every brand of UV gel has it's own method and steps that you have to follow. It seems like the tutors showed you 2 different ways of application based on their own experience. I would call the company and ask them which one they recommend you to use. Also, you can do an Internet research on the specific brand of gel, I'm sure that if it's a reputable company you'll be able to find information on the steps, as well as Youtube videos on the application process.
Just out of curiosity, which brand they train you with?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use nsi and just go straight onto hard gel- one thin layer and one thick layer, then glossy top coat x

I used Cuccio T3 both occasions.

Thanks, have contacted the First Lady I trained with and she has confirmed her preferred method which I will go with.

Thanks again x

I use cuccio t3 all the time. I prep the bail , use an acid free primer then straight on with the t3. If you need something stronger try the sculpting gel.

Apply it in s fashion that suits you. I do a thin layer, build layer to crest apex then one final layer. I then wipe , buff , perfect and paint .

Call cuccio they will give you the instructions they are super helpful

Thank you for your help :) xx

I use T3 and sculping gel. I use hard gel from start to finish. Finish file and shape then uv top coat.

1 thin layer of gel to primed nail
2 medium size gel ball to zone 3 and float towards zone 1. Add more gel to apex if needed,
3 turn nail upside down to self level then freeze cure.
4 after full cure apply medium thickness layer all over nail then cure.
5 finish file then uv top coat.

Latest posts

Back