Help with Gelish & Gelicure Rockstar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrybaby

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I use Shellac, Gelish and Gelicure. With Shellac, I don't have any problems scrubbing the glitter into the tacky layer at all and everything's hunky dory. But with Gelish and Gelicure, when I scrub the glitter in, the tackiness starts coming off on my brush (that I'm scrubbing in with) if that makes sense, almost as if the tacky layer is too "wet" for want of a better word.

Does anyone else have this issue? Or anyone have any suggestions please?

Don't scrub, dab the glitter on instead to give a foil look or sprinkle the glitter to give a glitter look.

I apply gelish base, cure then thin layer of top coat, not too close to cuticle as it will spread when u add glitter. sprinkle glitter onto un cured top coat. Don't touch it at all then cure, brush gently to clean the glitter off the skin. It only comes off the skin not the nail then add more top coat, sand down any rough bits and re apply top coat.

Don't scrub, dab the glitter on instead to give a foil look or sprinkle the glitter to give a glitter look.

Thanks JuicyLucy. I did try that but when it came to getting any of the loose glitter off, the same thing happened. I will have another go though, never one to give up!:)

I had the same problem with gelish so I always sprinkle on uncured colour coat for bling or brush onto uncured colour for foil look, then cute, then TIO.

I never have a problem with mine. I do base coat, cure, 2 colours and cure, brush on glitter or scrub for foiled look onto the tacky layer then tio cure and done, with thicker glitters I put 2 coats of tio xx Make sure brushg is dry and not loaded with alcohol before using it.

Thanks geeks, I'll give them all a go! x

I never have a problem with mine. I do base coat, cure, 2 colours and cure, brush on glitter or scrub for foiled look onto the tacky layer then tio cure and done, with thicker glitters I put 2 coats of tio xx Make sure brushg is dry and not loaded with alcohol before using it.

Why do you use 2 colour coats? Any particular reason?

Why do you use 2 colour coats? Any particular reason?

This is the way I trained and I prefer that it gives it a good solid base colour... and a bit more strength xx

If you have no problems when using shellac for rockstar, why dont you stick with that when clients want rockstar nails?

If you have no problems when using shellac for rockstar, why dont you stick with that when clients want rockstar nails?

Fair question Cath
3 reasons; 1. Cost. ml for ml, Gelish and gelicure are cheaper. 2. Shellac isn't suitable for some clients and 3. A large proportion of the time, it's just an accent nail so not really practical to do 8 nails with one system and 2 with Shellac.

Hi there could one of you please talk me through rockstar nails with shellac and have you ever used thicker glitter (holographic type)and has it worked cos mine have ended up looking at right mess with this tyep of glitter when top coat is added will try finner glitter but wondering if there is any other way to secure it ? as before toap coat it looked amazing ? x :lick:

Hi there, procedure as follows:

-Prep, Base and colour and cure as normal (sometimes 1 colour coat is enough)
-after curing the colour pat on some glitter (patting gives the sparkly effect) or rub in the glitter (for a more foil effect)
-brush off excess glitter
-apply top coat and cure (may need a second coat if it's not fine glitter)

Also - its good to have a separate topcoat for rockstar nails so you don't get glitter bits in topcoat for clients that aren't having rockstar nails

HTH x

a

I did this but it look absolutely terrible with the topcoat on the top i will get some fine glitter and see if that changes things thank you though I will keep trying till I get it right what glitter do youu use ? xxx thank you very much for your reply :D:o

I use various glitters hon. I bought most of them from Nail Delights. X

Latest posts

Back