Help with glitter tip, please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pmcnaught0

Reaction score
Hiya, my client has asked me for a glitter tip extension where the glitter gradually fades of up the nail? I can't figure out how to do this. I am calgel trained. Can someone please advise me on this! Much appreciated.

I am Calgel trained too and do lots of these glitter fades. It depends if she wants a colour on the tip under the glitter. Without a colour do a base layer of clear and cure for 30, then apply a second clear layer and pat the glitter in to it at the tip quite densely, then drag your brush down throu the glitter to get the fade effect, pat over the top top make it as smooth as you can, cure for 30 then apply your building layer over the top and cure for 30. If you want a clout under the glitter then pop it on in a sort of wash of colour over the top third of the nail and cure for 3 before putting your glitter layer on. If you want the colour to be more intense then do 2 layers but wash it on then more depth towards the free edge.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338532534.181290.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338532534.181290.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 139
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338532578.653411.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338532578.653411.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 126
Thank you so much! I have not long done my training, so your advise is ace! Thanks again... I will practise on some tips. X

Latest posts

Back