Help with glueing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karenlaw

Reaction score
Hi,

I hope someone can help me? I've just started the EN course and I'm just learning how to glue the nails on. I'm having allot of trouble trying to glue the nails on and getting them to stick! I'm using no 13 nail with no 7 tip. Is this right? I have nail tips, 1,2,4 & 7.

The glue just doesn't want to stick! Do you think it's the glue that's the trouble? I've been doing my own nails (fibreglass) for a couple of years and have not had any trouble glueing nails on. I'm positioning the nail correctly with no air bubbles holding it still and then the glue just won't stick/go hard! Do you think I should buy a new bottle of glue and try with that? It's soo frustrating! I could cry :cry:

hi hon i had the same problem the 13 nail is very tricky as its quite flat i bought a new glue (opi) and didnt have any problems with it after that
hth xxx:)

it might be a flat nails u r sticking on and the tips r c curved so it wont stick..and u have to look out for the size of the tip if its small it wont stick either....!!! good luck...xxxx

Thanks for the tips :) (no pun intended :))

I think I will try another glue as some have found this helpful.

Where can I buy opi or gelbond glue from, please?

Many Thanks,

Karen

your local sallys should stock it xxx :hug:

Where can I buy opi or gelbond glue from, please?
Gelbond is an adhesive from Creative Nail Design, it's a 'professional only' product so I doubt that you'll be able to buy it until you're qualified, Sweet Squared distribute CND in the UK, their contact number is 0845 210 60 60, best to give them a ring to find out.

hth's

occasionally I get this same problem...where the tip just wont stick on while others have gone on just fine.....i find this is usually because I may not have thoroughly brushed off the filing dust or buffed the nail plate enough when removing the shine.....also because the hand is cold (as it is not human) it takes a little longer for the glue to set (even though the glue is designed for the nail trainer)....it may help if you are using a table lamp to place the hand underneath the lamp for a minute or two to help warm the hand a little. Also if you use too much glue you will have problems getting the tip to stick.

So be extra sure to wipe away all dust and buff the nail enough, not too much glue and add some warmth.

HTHs x

Thanks Anna. I will give them a go :) I've tried adding less and more and adding abit of glue to the nail and I don't seem to be able to get it right. I'll try using the lamp and see if that helps.

Don't mean to be a grumpy grouch but all the way through this thread the word glue is used... it's adhesive not glue :wink2:

that is a bit grumpy grouch!

its funny you should say that actually cos everytime i typed glue i was thinking i should put adhesive....but glue is quicker and easier to type! and i dont think its gonna confuse anyone is it lol

Thanks Anna. I will give them a go :) I've tried adding less and more and adding abit of glue to the nail and I don't seem to be able to get it right. I'll try using the lamp and see if that helps.

well good luck with it....sometimes i use a lint pad with a quick spray of sanitiser to quick wipe over the nail to ensure theres not a spot of dust on there which can hinder the adhesion.......also remember not to touch the nail plate once its been prepped as you will be putting oil back on there.

Sorry, I know glue is not a nice word is it? I'll use adhesive from now on :)

Just getting to know the lingo ;)

Don't mean to be a grumpy grouch but all the way through this thread the word glue is used... it's adhesive not glue :wink2:

On my foundation course I had this drummed into me! :lol:

I kept going to say glue but then I saw the look on my tutors face and thought better of it (all with a sense of humour of course lol). :eek: :lol:

I was taught that as far as creative adhesives are concerned, the "G" word is like a swear word! lmao :smack:

Soryy to hijack, but this just brought back memories and made me giggle remembering what I was taught.

Never use the "G" word now, so it worked! :) lol

It never really crossed my mind before to call it adhesive until it was explained to me and I understood the differences between them. :rolleyes:

xx

Sorry, I know glue is not a nice word is it? I'll use adhesive from now on :)

Just getting to know the lingo ;)
i would buy a new glue

its funny you should say that actually cos everytime i typed glue i was thinking i should put adhesive....but glue is quicker and easier to type! and i dont think its gonna confuse anyone is it lol

I'm sorry if I sound as grumpy as Sandi :), but this matters. Glue and adhesive are chemically different and in the nail world we don't use glue. The CND adhesives are medical grade and do not contain any animal by-products (which is what glue is made from)......

If we are professional Nail Technicians then we have a responsibility to use correct terminology - so we do not create fumes we create vapour, we do not make acrylic nails we create a nail enancement from liquid and powder and we do not use glue we use adhesive..... There are more, but that gives you the gist.

How professional you look depends on how professional you sound IMO.

I'm sorry if I sound as grumpy as Sandi :), but this matters. Glue and adhesive are chemically different and in the nail world we don't use glue. The CND adhesives are medical grade and do not contain any animal by-products (which is what glue is made from)......

If we are professional Nail Technicians then we have a responsibility to use correct terminology - so we do not create fumes we create vapour, we do not make acrylic nails we create a nail enancement from liquid and powder and we do not use glue we use adhesive..... There are more, but that gives you the gist.

How professional you look depends on how professional you sound IMO.

ok ok point taken lol (slaps wrist) i promise i wont say glue ever again! thanx for the elocution lesson :D

Its not elocution lessons..its using the correct terminology :D

Glue and adhesive are chemically different and in the nail world we don't use glue.

This interests me. And I am NO WAY trying to be argumentative here, not at all. Adhesive sounds far more professional than glue. BUT. . .

What is actually the difference between adhesive and glue? Is it just a preference for a different word? I guess not if Vetty's statement above is correct and knowing vetty it probably is lol I googled adhesive, and then googled glue and was re-directed to the adhesive site.

Now I really want to know! I can't wait for the next Super Science weekend!

Latest posts

Back