Help with Goldwell colour, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sshaw

Reaction score
Hi.

I have 5 years experience with Goldwell Colour, but occassionally it still baffles me!

I have a client, she is currently a fully head of bleached highlights. Virtually all off her hair is bleached apart from the new root regrowth. (Base 4 or 5)

She would now like to return back brown. The image she showed me matches to about a 7gb. Basically she wants to return darker but not as dark as her roots.

I know I will have to pre- pig. i normally use a colourance to do this. What colour do you think would be best to pre- pig with?

Do you find you get a better general coverage by going lighter or darker than her target shade? I have always found best to go darker with lighter shades, but sometimes they grab more?

Would you advise her to go darker than a 7 to get better coverage? And do you think its best to go with something similar to a GB tone or would you recommend something a bit warmer such as a B tone?

Any help would be greatfully received. Thanks.

Looking at my pre pig chart I would use 8gb to use as a pre pig, water 3:1 colour (normal/porous hair) water 2:1 colour (very porous hair)
It will fade very quickly so you could use 6gb (7g pre pig)x

Make sure u use an ash and 20 vol on her roots so they don't scream orange c

Going to a base 7 would you not need to pre-pig with a copper?

You need to add the pigment back in so that the colour will have something to grab onto.

Going to a base 7 would you not need to pre-pig with a copper?

You need to add the pigment back in so that the colour will have something to grab onto.

I would use gold if your going to a 9-7, copper 6-5 and red 4 and under. (Think that's right or along those lines?) x

Thanks everyone! Thats helped a lot x

Latest posts

Back