Help with Google and Google plus

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misslelly2020

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me out I'm completely lost with all this!

I registered with Google to get my business to come up on a Google search and on their map.

I am a mobile spray tan business but if I type into Google " spray tan and my area" my business doesn't come up. It only comes up if I enter my business name. I approached Google with this and they told me I just need to post more, and the more people see my posts the higher up the list I'll come. I'm not even on the list?!

So anyway I've been posting on Google business but no one sees it as I have no followers, yet couldn't understand how to get followers?
I've now got Google plus in the hope of finding followers but really don't know how to use it? I've been posting but still no followers and how to you even find local people?

I'm finding this so stressful. I post regularly on Instagram and Facebook but really need people to be able to find me without needing to know my business name.

Really hope someone can help me out, I've been suffering on my own trying to sort this out since December and I'm completely lost in all this. Sorry for the long boring post xx

Im a mobile spray tanner too. I didn't appear in Google either until I placed an add on the netmums website! You can register on the website easily and post on the local business page. Make sure you list all areas you cover and it should come up in the search. If I search mobile spray tan and my area, I am now on the first page and only a few from the top. Worth a try, it's helped me! x x

Hi,

What you are after is called SEO (search engine optimisation).
For it to be effective you need a good website with SEO friendly pages to start with and on-page SEO done correctly.

SEO can be quite pricey but not just that, it's full of people trying to take your money for no return. I know because many moons ago before I got into SEO & Web design myself. I lost nearly £3k.

Also if you google yourself, you'll never get accurate rankings as Google will favour your website for your own search purposes. This means you might look at yourself and be on page 1 where as in reality you could be page 10. You need to use an independent checker (we actually pay for ours).

There are many factors on how to rank it depends on each keyword and location as it varies in difficulty and there is no blanket solution of 1 size fits all.

Im a mobile spray tanner too. I didn't appear in Google either until I placed an add on the netmums website! You can register on the website easily and post on the local business page. Make sure you list all areas you cover and it should come up in the search. If I search mobile spray tan and my area, I am now on the first page and only a few from the top. Worth a try, it's helped me! x x
I'm on netmums and all that does come up in the Google search just not one the top part of the Google map part if that makes sense?

Hi,

What you are after is called SEO (search engine optimisation).
For it to be effective you need a good website with SEO friendly pages to start with and on-page SEO done correctly.

SEO can be quite pricey but not just that, it's full of people trying to take your money for no return. I know because many moons ago before I got into SEO & Web design myself. I lost nearly £3k.

Also if you google yourself, you'll never get accurate rankings as Google will favour your website for your own search purposes. This means you might look at yourself and be on page 1 where as in reality you could be page 10. You need to use an independent checker (we actually pay for ours).

There are many factors on how to rank it depends on each keyword and location as it varies in difficulty and there is no blanket solution of 1 size fits all.

Thanks for your reply I don't have a website yet as I'm only just starting out and will be sometime before I realistically can afford a decent one. I just wanted to make it as easy as possible for people to be aware that I'm here [emoji3] without having to dig deep into my pockets

Thanks for your reply I don't have a website yet as I'm only just starting out and will be sometime before I realistically can afford a decent one. I just wanted to make it as easy as possible for people to be aware that I'm here [emoji3] without having to dig deep into my pockets
Completely understand :)
If you'd like a quote at a later date feel free to request one on our website - UK Web Design.

It can be a little bit more expensive compared to the likes of leaflets/flyers etc but it's probably one of the best forms of marketing out there.

Latest posts

Back