Help with hair color correction!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doggosami

Reaction score
Basically, the whole hair journey story is long, so I'll condense it into a bit of a TLDR.

My hair was bleach blonde July 2016. I went a mix of titanium/ shark blue by ion and it was great, but I couldn't have that at my school. By mid August 2016, it faded to a light blue color that would be easily covered by a light brown. I wanted a nice level 6-7. Ladies at sally's recommended a hair dye I had never used or even heard of. Being too nice/ embarrassed to walk away after she had basically rung me up already, I went with it. Turned out to be an ethnic dye for textured hair. Turned my roots bright red and the rest of my hair navy blue. Had to dye over that an even darker brown, used One 'N Only dye in 3N. (Absolutely amazing dye, never disappoints; should've listened to myself and went with this from the beginning.) Flash forward quite a few months, April/ May 2017 it had to lightened to blonde on the ends, the fading turned really beautiful. Beginning of August 2017, got bored, no idea why. Decided to work on going back to blonde. Went at my hair with color removers and finally bleach. The ends of my hair lifted back to the platinum that was underneath from July 2016. Weird band between natural dark brown roots & bottom wouldn't bleach. Roots lifted extremely quick; brand of bleach was great. I was white nearly everywhere in 10 minutes except for this pesky band of orange!! Spaced out a few bleachings and went over the orange. Still wouldn't lift. Never experienced such stubborn hair in my life.

Now, I'm pretty sure I know the cause of the band. My problem is, how do I fix it?
I already toned once with Wella T18. Roots became white, ends were nice, still no fixing the orange band. Did another bleaching, still orange. Only lightens the tiniest bit, almost not noticeable at all.
I also toned my platinum extensions that were a bit yellow, and they turned grey! Beautiful, and kind of what I'm aiming for now.

Here are my options: I have a thing of T18, Titanium by Ion, and Slate by Ion from their grey/ silvers collection.

I'm aware neither of these will not permanently get rid of the orange band. But, I need to cover the orange band decently by tomorrow (I have time to do whatever necessary tonight) until I can bleach again.

Any help/ advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_5128.JPG
    IMG_5128.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5129.JPG
    IMG_5129.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5131.JPG
    IMG_5131.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5132.JPG
    IMG_5132.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 48
You cannot cover that band with T18 as you can only tone on the same level or darker. Are you qualified?

You cannot cover that band with T18 as you can only tone on the same level or darker. Are you qualified?
Yes, I am. I understand you can't fully cover it, I was wondering if it would cover it "enough" so it wouldn't be super obvious.

Sounds like the orange is staining from a direct dye colour. It also looks very damaged from the pics so if you apply any more bleach, it's likely to start breaking off.

Latest posts

Back