Help with hair extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hattiedw

Reaction score
I fitted a clients pre bonded hair extensions just over a week ago. The hair it's self is perfect condition and the client is following all the correct home care. But the extensions are like matting together around the neck. The bonds are fine they don't tangle or knot. When you brush them in just a few minutes they are knotting up again! I've washed and blow dried it for her but it's still happening. Even when tied into a pony tail the pony tail is matting together. Please help! X

Have you used a different colour on the bottom? Could be a fault with just that colour.

Is it double drawn hair? maybe try thinning it out a little around that area, i sometimes find if i apply to many rows at the nape of the neck it can bunch slightly, a quick once over with the thinning scissors usually does the trick.

Looks like the hair is not cuticle correct.

I agree with cmsuper Sounds like they may have been tipped upside down

I fitted a clients pre bonded hair extensions just over a week ago. The hair it's self is perfect condition and the client is following all the correct home care. But the extensions are like matting together around the neck. The bonds are fine they don't tangle or knot. When you brush them in just a few minutes they are knotting up again! I've washed and blow dried it for her but it's still happening. Even when tied into a pony tail the pony tail is matting together. Please help! X
Hair extension is an expensive proposition as everyone wants to have silky smooth, long and voluptuous tresses which looks glamorous for a long time. Therefore, we should read the bottle before applying any hair conditioner, shampoo etc.

However, I prefer silicone coating product, because it helps hair extensions remain soft and shiny.

What supplier have you used?

If all the rest of the hair is in good condition then it's an aftercare issue, could be something as simple as the fabric of clothes she's wearing that is just matting the extensions. If it's been happening regularly, she could be tearing through it with a brush causing breakage, which in turn will make the matting worse

Just Wondering if you have heard of Wonderful Hair they have high quality 100% human hair at a reasonable price.

Funny how you've only just joined the site and yet EVERY post is recommending either LW tan or Wonderful Hair???

Would you like to explain this?

Latest posts

Back