Help with hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fairysu

Reaction score
I have hair extensions and after about 2 weeks they always start to get a bit matted underneath, (even though I condition them and brush them regularly) Is this the shampoo I am using? Can anyone recommend a way to stop my hair tangling as its driving me mad and i want my extensions to look glossy, not matted!:irked:

do u know what brand of extensions u are wearing?

some hair extensions are covered in a silican coating, this makes them feel really soft to touch and glossy but after being washed a few times this dissappears as the silican gets washed away and ur left with the true value of the extensions if you get what i mean. u dont know which are, its a bit trial and error,

also what shampoo are u using?

Hi there,

If your extensions are 100% human hair then you care for them as you would your own hair - shampoo, conditioner, leave in moisturizer.
If using heated styling tools( blowdryers, straightening irons) you need the correct product to prevent "frying" the hair.

Make sure that you completely rinse out ALL shampoo and conditioner paying attention to the nape[base] of the neck.
A build up of product can make hair feel & look blahhh!!

Latest posts

Back