Help with Hair Frizz!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubyroo

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you hair geeks could please help me out?

My daughter has recently had problems with just the ends of her fringe and some of the top layer at the side becoming really frizzy. We thought it was a number of things, the last of the colour she had in 6 months or so ago, or probably incorrect use of straighteners.

Anyway, she just had it cut this week, they took all the 'burnt' frizz out and it was perfect, like it used to be.

She has washed it since but not blow dried it.

Tonight she has blow dried it and all the layers at the top and the fringe have again gone really frizzy, even though we put on anit-frizz serum the hairdressers sold us.

What are we doing wrong?

Is it too much heat from the dryer? But she had it blow dried at the salon and it was lovely, really lovely finish to it.

Can someone please help and tell me what we are doing wrong?

Do we need a new dryer? It is an old one............

Thanks for your help geeks.

:)

what was her hair like when she washed but not blow dried it?

I am not a hair professional but if it was OK then i sounds like the hairdryer or the way it is being blow dried to me.

It could also be they when they dried it they also used straighteners which does smooth the cuticle down temporarily which makes it look in good condition too so can be deceiving.

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you hair geeks could please help me out?

My daughter has recently had problems with just the ends of her fringe and some of the top layer at the side becoming really frizzy. We thought it was a number of things, the last of the colour she had in 6 months or so ago, or probably incorrect use of straighteners.

Anyway, she just had it cut this week, they took all the 'burnt' frizz out and it was perfect, like it used to be.

She has washed it since but not blow dried it.

Tonight she has blow dried it and all the layers at the top and the fringe have again gone really frizzy, even though we put on anit-frizz serum the hairdressers sold us.

What are we doing wrong?

Is it too much heat from the dryer? But she had it blow dried at the salon and it was lovely, really lovely finish to it.

Can someone please help and tell me what we are doing wrong?

Do we need a new dryer? It is an old one............

Thanks for your help geeks.

:)

does your daughter have naturaly curly hair? you say she has layers in her hair,were these done with a razor (think thats what it is called!!!) or sissors?
my hair is naturaly curly and if i have layers put in with razor it goes frizzy and sticks out,if i have layers in with sissors its not.hth x

Hi,

Thanks to you both for your replies.

I rang the salon today and they told me that her hair was quite bad, really lacking in moisture and we basically need to get all the goodness back into it, i.e. treatments, conditioning leave-in spray, etc.

She did tell me that they could not cut out all the damage as the layers would have been far too short and it will come back nice again.

Her hair is not curly at all, perhaps a little wave. But I let her use my very expensive leave-in spray conditioner last night and it seemed to do the trick.

So no blow drying for a while I think and lots of pampering.

Thanks so much for replying though, do appreciate it.

Ruby:)

Hi it, sounds like the straighteners are too hot or she isn't gliding a comb alongside with them as she goes ,

(the comb should be used first and glided along before the straighteners )
If this is done wrong it can create what we call fish hook ends which goes frizzy

everyones comments on here are all a possibility,
its just a process of elimination
but do start with the heated appliances first :hug: x

Kerastase do a very good product range for frizzy hair called Oleo relax, add nutrition to hair aswell tameing that frizz

joico...do really good protein shampoo's and conditioners and treatments for hair that needs alot of tlc.......called "k-pac" range.....
did her hairdresser recommend specific products to her ???
she also needs products like serums to coat the hair so that when the hair is blow dried the actual hair is protected.....and it is important that when she dried her hair, the dryer is on medium heat and setting.......and that the nozzle points downwards whilst drying instead of waving the dryer around in different directions too
x

Latest posts

Back