Help with highlight colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audreyduff

Reaction score
Hi hoping you can all give me some advice. I have a new client looking for highlights, she wants bleach on the root only, a lowlight and a "caramel" also. I'm really new to using different colours and trying to think outside the box and not stick to the safe colours we always used at college. Her hair is very porous and has different tones all the way through due to previous hairdresser. You can see in he pic the top half of her hair is very different to the bottom. It's so ashy up too and red at the ends.

I was thinking of bleach and 20 vol, a 7/07 and 8/07 or 8/03. She is a base 6.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated thanks ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409300519.000592.jpg

What do u mean bleach on the root only?

She has bleach highlights already apparently and only wants bleach on the root of the highlight. Don't think that will work I'm sure will need to be right through. Sorry I didn't describe very well , this is what she had asked me to do but I'm sure I will have to take the bleach highlight all way through??

She has bleach highlights already apparently and only wants bleach on the root of the highlight. Don't think that will work I'm sure will need to be right through. Sorry I didn't describe very well , this is what she had asked me to do but I'm sure I will have to take the bleach highlight all way through??

Whos the hairdresser:- you or her? Why is she telling you what to do?

Very true. She is apparently a qualified hairdresser also. Like I say though she is a new client so will all depend on when I go do her skin test what I decide to do. I was just looking for some advice on colours beforehand as her hair does look like a colour correction and I'm only recently qualified. Have booked myself onto a wella colour correction knowledge course today. Hopefully this will help me I'm the future.

Does she have a reverse ombré, by the picture it looks as if her mid to ends is darker. I feel for you , nothing worse than a hairstylist getting her hair done😉 I get turned away from the mirror by my stylist and not allowed to look till she is done .

No don't think it was intended to be how it is currently think just a very bad highlight service been done. Actually looking forward to hopefully correcting it! :)

she has different hues all over her head...green, blue..red, brown..what is it you're trying to achieve? she wants her root color to match the blond?? what a tough break..first of all tell her head looks like a color chart book..and for the wrong reasons. Then have her explained really well, what she wants or she will probably stab you with a brush

Done it today what do you all think some constructive criticism please. Still learning re colour especially with some thing like this. I used bleach and 20 vol on roots, 10 vol on ends, 8/1 and 6/1. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409571543.942508.jpg ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409571552.953665.jpg

Latest posts

Back