Help with IBD gel polish colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
Hi,

I would be grateful if any of you IBD peeps can advise me on the colours for the Fairytale Collection, ie, Midnight kiss, Glass slipper, Fairytale romance, Eternal daydream and Sleep Beauty.

I have asked Grafton twice for the colour chart and they've sent me everyone but the one I want!! :lol: :lol: and my local wholesaler don't have a colout chart for the gels that they order :rolleyes:

Are the colours pinkies for the summer or are they 'just a hint' to go over pink and whites. Although I love the ibd range, I was after some pale and gentle shades for my quieter ladies ;)

Any help is appreciated.

Louis

ibd1.jpg

scanned this out of my Ellisons book hope it helps

You are quite literally 'A Star', do you have a web address for them.

Kind Regards
Louise

Ellisons web addy is www.ellisons.co.uk

I dont think they have an online brochure as yet but there is a link to request them to send one out to you

Could someone tell me how these gel polishes work please? Do you put them over a layer of clear and then clear over the top, or are they just applied like a polish then cured? can you file them?

Thlnk that's enough questions to be going on with :o :biggrin:

Thanks x

yes they go over a clear base layer and then another clear or top finishing gloss over the top. Then when rebalancing, they file the same as an ordinary gel.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Debs, i appreciate it :lol:

Hope i don't get slated here, but was wondering do you think i could use Brisa or should i get an IBD clear gel? been thinking about offering gel overlays on toes, and not everyone wants pink and whites, it'd be nice to offer colours as well!

I personally would use the IBD clear gel.

I assume that the coloured gels are made with the clear in mind and vice versa!!! I'm not making much sense here am I!!! :lol: I know what I mean ;) Not sure if this is correct, perhaps some one can clarify this.

Hope this is of some help to you, as this has only just been brought to my attention and I'm a new to the web.

The fairtale collection consists of :-
Glass Slipper - Silver
Midnight Kiss - Purple
Sleeping Beauty - Gold/Beige
Fairytale Romance - Lilac
Eternal Day Dream - Pale Blue

They are all very soft pastels that contain glitter.

Also you are can mix or alter the colours you have to customise them for your individual clients that want something extra special.

suey said:
Thanks for taking the time to reply Debs, i appreciate it :lol:

Hope i don't get slated here, but was wondering do you think i could use Brisa or should i get an IBD clear gel? been thinking about offering gel overlays on toes, and not everyone wants pink and whites, it'd be nice to offer colours as well!
You`re hardly gonna get slated Sue but we`re not supposed to mix products so its best to stick with the IBD clear if you`re using the IBD coloured gels.
There are those who will place though and get good results. I haven`t done that but I did try to take off sticky residue from IBD coloured gel with scrubfresh instead of the IBD product and I lost the shine of the polish so I wouldn`t play no further with it. HTH x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back