Help with Ink rock top coat please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carly these are beautiful hun
Aw thanks Leila! Going to a club for a wedding reception tonight. Lots of potential clients, including a new client who's booked with me in 2 weeks. So I thought to lure em in with glitter haha xx

Aw thanks Leila! Going to a club for a wedding reception tonight. Lots of potential clients, including a new client who's booked with me in 2 weeks. So I thought to lure em in with glitter haha xx
Haha wise thinking, women just can't resist a good sparkle Sounds like you're doing well. Have a great night and dazzle those nails lol xx

I'm still not in the ink group. Do I need to request to join? Xx

Haha wise thinking, women just can't resist a good sparkle Sounds like you're doing well. Have a great night and dazzle those nails lol xx
Thank you hunny, will do :) yep getting much better. Still practise practise but the end result is always good now, just takes me ages lol.

@Lisa32 its a funny process! You need someone to add you to the group then Joanna goes through the requests and accepts people. You may be asked to send a pic of your cert. Took me ages to get in lol. They get a lot of requests and go through them thoroughly to make sure no spammers and pro only. It's a brilliant group. Xx

I'm still not in the ink group. Do I need to request to join? Xx
They put a message on the other day stating to be a bit patient as they've had a huge flood of requests. They're now going through inactive members to make way for new ones..

Lol Carly it still takes me an hour to 1 hour 20 depending on what they want, but I don't do it much to be honest because of my other job xx

Lol Carly it still takes me an hour to 1 hour 20 depending on what they want, but I don't do it much to be honest because of my other job xx

I wish I could get it down to that lol! It takes me a good couple hours, often more if we are nattering/need to make repairs/swarovskis etc. My own take forever cos can only do one hand at a time and I'm flash curing under uv so I can move my hand around without worrying about pooling. I am pretty sure I was sat there for about 3 hours or more today doin em lol! I have managed to do a basic Gelicure in an hour in the salon before, so I know I am capable lol. One day I might speed up! Xx

We've still not left the house lol! I only just saw the time

I wish I could get it down to that lol! It takes me a good couple hours, often more if we are nattering/need to make repairs/swarovskis etc. My own take forever cos can only do one hand at a time and I'm flash curing under uv so I can move my hand around without worrying about pooling. I am pretty sure I was sat there for about 3 hours or more today doin em lol! I have managed to do a basic Gelicure in an hour in the salon before, so I know I am capable lol. One day I might speed up! Xx

We've still not left the house lol! I only just saw the time
Hope you had a great night
Since I bought the led lamp that has helped bring times down quite a lot, my lamp against my mobile timer was 3 minutes even though it states two on the uv lamp timer, if that makes sense ? 30 seconds each cure is amazing lol.. you'll get there though, your work looks gorgeous so I wouldn't worry xx

Ooh what colour is that!? Gorgeous! Mega shiny too. I know you use Cuccio so you're used to stirring, but did you stir and shake the life out of it? I find all the colours need this before application and it makes the world of difference. I spoke to Angie (head educator) and she said you generally want to be doing a quick third coat for most colours, sort of more like a half coat if you know what I mean. Out of the 4 shades I bought, 3 are 2 coaters. The other one is bloodhound which seemed super sheer at first but I used it on myself today and it was almost perfect in 2, would have done a third but I was adding glitter anyway.

I'm still struggling slightly with the top coat but I'm improving. I struggle more when I try to do a floaty coat over glitter. On my own nails it's a blimmin nightmare though because I move them so much at funny angles and don't want the top to run or pool so I have to flash cure. Took me literally hours today! They look fab though. Still loving ink. I'm saving up for the lamp and just bought 20 colours from another tech last night! All new as she's stopping doing nails and was selling her kit. Xx
It's all acrylic. I only used the gel topcoat. I did shake the colour I have, I actually have a shaking machine for my gel polishes now.
Unfortunately the client contacted me to say the top coat has peeled off on most of the nails [emoji20]

Hope you had a great night
Since I bought the led lamp that has helped bring times down quite a lot, my lamp against my mobile timer was 3 minutes even though it states two on the uv lamp timer, if that makes sense ? 30 seconds each cure is amazing lol.. you'll get there though, your work looks gorgeous so I wouldn't worry xx
Yeah that's exactly my thought, especially as I do separate thumb cures now to prevent the pooling I was having. Just curing the thumbs on their own under UV is an extra 2 mins for each coat where I'm sat doing nothing! Aw thank you! Thank god my work is decent enough to justify my ridiculous times lol.

Was a great night thanks, but we got there so late everyone was absolutely wasted lol! I finally rolled in yesterday afternoon haha. Good job me n hubs have the day off together today. xx

It's all acrylic. I only used the gel topcoat. I did shake the colour I have, I actually have a shaking machine for my gel polishes now.
Unfortunately the client contacted me to say the top coat has peeled off on most of the nails [emoji20]
Oh I thought that red in the pic was the colour you were talking about. So jealous of your shaking machine, I really want one! I'd still check there's no pigment stuck in the bottom, on one I did even though I'd shaken it well it was like a dry clump stuck to the bottom. Tbf though, your machine probably took care of that. What colour was it? I find them generally really pigmented, but tbf I am comparing them to Gelicure which is generally really wishy washy and unpigmented!
Oh no!! They looked absolutely stunning, that's gutting! Can't believe it peeled off :( xx

Oh I thought that red in the pic was the colour you were talking about. So jealous of your shaking machine, I really want one! I'd still check there's no pigment stuck in the bottom, on one I did even though I'd shaken it well it was like a dry clump stuck to the bottom. Tbf though, your machine probably took care of that. What colour was it? I find them generally really pigmented, but tbf I am comparing them to Gelicure which is generally really wishy washy and unpigmented!
Oh no!! They looked absolutely stunning, that's gutting! Can't believe it peeled off :( xx
It's i40, a gorgeous deep red. It's lovely on I was just gutted it needed more coverage. I suppose I'm comparing to Cuccio which is triple pigmented. I might try a few more.
The shaker machine is cool but not sure it's worth the money lol. My clients love it though and there is a big difference when it's used

It's i40, a gorgeous deep red. It's lovely on I was just gutted it needed more coverage. I suppose I'm comparing to Cuccio which is triple pigmented. I might try a few more.
The shaker machine is cool but not sure it's worth the money lol. My clients love it though and there is a big difference when it's used
Yeah I was gonna say, few things are gonna compare to the pigmentation of Cuccio! I have def found them to be pretty decent coverage wise though so do give them another shot. Tbf though, Ilacs main advantage is the removal and you rarely work on natural nails so won't really get that benefit. The price is good though! They released a couple new colours yesterday, one is rose quartz and the other serenity! They look beautiful, really got my eye on serenity. I'm still massively puzzled as to why the top coat peeled off though, v odd!

So do you not think it's worth investing in a shaker? They aren't cheap and seem tricky to get hold of now, but I've always fancied one. Xx

Yeah I was gonna say, few things are gonna compare to the pigmentation of Cuccio! I have def found them to be pretty decent coverage wise though so do give them another shot. Tbf though, Ilacs main advantage is the removal and you rarely work on natural nails so won't really get that benefit. The price is good though! They released a couple new colours yesterday, one is rose quartz and the other serenity! They look beautiful, really got my eye on serenity. I'm still massively puzzled as to why the top coat peeled off though, v odd!

So do you not think it's worth investing in a shaker? They aren't cheap and seem tricky to get hold of now, but I've always fancied one. Xx
She said she went on a sun bed after the appointment so she's maybe used a cream. She just put a topcoat over it as she's not local so has an hour round trip for her appointment.

If you're like me and want anything new that comes out they you'll love the shaker lol. I notice a big difference when I use it with the veneers, especially the glitter ones. The one I got holds the bottle upside down though. I think there are others that keep it upright so the polish isn't flooding the brush.
This is the one I bought http://www.vlnailsupply.com/izen-professional-gel-polish-shaker/

She said she went on a sun bed after the appointment so she's maybe used a cream. She just put a topcoat over it as she's not local so has an hour round trip for her appointment.

If you're like me and want anything new that comes out they you'll love the shaker lol. I notice a big difference when I use it with the veneers, especially the glitter ones. The one I got holds the bottle upside down though. I think there are others that keep it upright so the polish isn't flooding the brush.
This is the one I bought http://www.vlnailsupply.com/izen-professional-gel-polish-shaker/
Yeah that's possible, depends what lotion she used. Also, if she's anything like me she'd have probably cleaned the bed if it was a lay down, I wouldn't be surprised if the solution could interfere with the gel. Lucky it was all acrylic!

Ooh yes I love all the new cool stuff. Thanks for the link. First step is getting the ink lamp but I think a shaker is def goin on the to buy list! Does it make them go a bit leaky then or do you just clean the stem off really well? Xx

Yeah that's possible, depends what lotion she used. Also, if she's anything like me she'd have probably cleaned the bed if it was a lay down, I wouldn't be surprised if the solution could interfere with the gel. Lucky it was all acrylic!

Ooh yes I love all the new cool stuff. Thanks for the link. First step is getting the ink lamp but I think a shaker is def goin on the to buy list! Does it make them go a bit leaky then or do you just clean the stem off really well? Xx
I don't have any problem with it at all I just know someone that preferred the bottles not being upside down. You have to leave it for at least a minute after shaking anyway so I normally make sure my client has decided on the colour beforehand, pop it in then take it out and let it settle for a bit before I use it

I don't have any problem with it at all I just know someone that preferred the bottles not being upside down. You have to leave it for at least a minute after shaking anyway so I normally make sure my client has decided on the colour beforehand, pop it in then take it out and let it settle for a bit before I use it
Brilliant! Thanks so much for the tips! Really can't wait to get one now. X

Brilliant! Thanks so much for the tips! Really can't wait to get one now. X
Not encouraging you or anything but this is one coat ..... [emoji16]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463132377.337790.jpg

Yes, I got 22 new colours!
Wow that is one big order! My iLac came but the stock was a bit old (I got it second hand from a tech). Sadly 3 colours had turned into cottage cheese and aren't usable, but I think it's being sorted. The rest are fab but not as opaque as expected. Have a feeling maybe they have improved the formula more recently as some of the newer ones were 2 coaters.

image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back