Help with Koleston

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
Just use whole tube. 4/75 plus half tube 4 plus 20% on resistant white hair, the colour is perfect on the chart but poor coverage on her hair, any suggestions ?

I'm having a proper blank right now but I'm sure the Wella demo I watched yesterday said equal parts. But I also recall it being the next column along or resistant hair! Maybe wrong here as my mind really won't engage itself today but it's ringing a bell!

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Try using 44/0 rather than 4/0 because the doubles are for really resistant hair xx

Try using 44/0 rather than 4/0 because the doubles are for really resistant hair xx

That's the second column ain't it? Which is what I was trying to explain lol you put it more to the point than I did. Though you have to just use mix tone with that don't you because else there is 3x depth going into the hair and that won't cover!

That's the second column ain't it? Which is what I was trying to explain lol you put it more to the point than I did. Though you have to just use mix tone with that don't you because else there is 3x depth going into the hair and that won't cover!

Yeah haha x I think you can mix it with any other column except the first column cause they are bases xx

Ahhhh ok! I am having a super stupid day! Don't know what's wrong with me! Just replied to a post saying it should be in consumer bit and it was in there I was just being stupid!! Think yesterday's Wella demo has filled my brain and I an still trying to process it all lol!! Actually struggling to string sentences together lol

So what would you suggest ? X

If you like the colour but just want more coverage I'd just swap the 4/0 with 44/0 x

Thank you, that's what I thought but I looked back a previous question I asked about colour and there was a difference of opinion ad to whether you can mix the double bases with anything other than mix tone as it knocks out the tone if mixed with anything other ?

My mum is 95% white , and I do 55/0 and 55/65 with 6% 20vol but what I do is measure out the peroxide first then add the 55/0 to that and mix that in then add the 55/65 into that and mix that in and I find that helps to cover properly

If you use 44/0 its going to be darker so O would use 55/0

If you use 44/0 its going to be darker so O would use 55/0

I'm not concerned about the depth I'm concerned that I was advised that double bases should only be used with mix tone otherwise the tone is knocked out ?

Maybe the white hair needed pre softening

I would use equal parts 4/75 and 55/0... If you use 44/0 it will over dominate the 4/75 and will just be a bland 44/0

I'm not concerned about the depth I'm concerned that I was advised that double bases should only be used with mix tone otherwise the tone is knocked out ?

Yes for maximum coverage the double bases are only to be mixed with mix tone, if not it will/can effect tge coverage.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

My mum is 95% white , and I do 55/0 and 55/65 with 6% 20vol but what I do is measure out the peroxide first then add the 55/0 to that and mix that in then add the 55/65 into that and mix that in and I find that helps to cover properly

The vibrant reds are not meant for grey coverage.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

4/75 is the spot on colour just got to work out how to get that on her hair ! I could pre soften. But would prefer not to ! Lazy bones me !

You can use 44/0 and 4/75 - but the coverage won't be as strong as if you used 44/0 and mix tone to make the 4/75.

Latest posts

Back