Help with L’Oréal Dialight

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bex_18

Reaction score
I have a few clients that like there hair bleached straight onto the scalp not in foils but I feel when I tone I can never get a result I’m confident with? I use 10.12 and 9.11 but feel it can result in very lilac tones on the roots ?

I have a few clients that like there hair bleached straight onto the scalp not in foils but I feel when I tone I can never get a result I’m confident with? I use 10.12 and 9.11 but feel it can result in very lilac tones on the roots ?
I’m the same I’m fine with the bleaching but when it comes to toning I panic and rinse off too quick or I leave it and it goes too purple at the root!! Try adding a bit of clear into your mixture if you feel it’s too ashy, do you emulsify bleach through the ends before you rinse off, the ends might just be a bit resistant to the toner making the root look darker than they actually are x

This happens to all of us at times. Do you shampoo and use a post service conditioner/treatment to help even out the porosity prior to toning? If not its something to look into as it can help a lot.

Also try to get the toner on as quick as you can so you can keep an eye on it. Forget the bowl and brush, just use an applicator bottle or even your hands! Quickly work it into the hair and watch it like a hawk.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back