help with last assignment for 7303 course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loubylou

Reaction score
I am doing a course on teaching and i am on my last assignment :Scared: , as i have never been a teacher and they didn't cover this in class i am asking my mates for some pointers in the right direction.

the title for the assignment is....
Explain the need for keeping records and describe the types of records you would maintain.

I can not ask the tutor for help as the course has finished and i have to email this to him asap HELP PLEASE

Hiya Lou....why do YOU think its important to keep records...?? what do you think could happen if records are not kept...?? In what way does it help to have these records.....?? what kind of records do you think its useful, important to have...??

Think about logging clients personal details...ease of contact etc

Think about previous treatments...

Think about products used...

Think about logging repairs...is it always the same finger ??

Think about insurance reasons...

What finish did they have...

Where there any contra-indications...problems or advise not taken...??

You can do this...jot down anything that comes into your head, any order....then shuffle it round to make it read properly.

Try to keep it factual rather than personal opinions....

lets us know how you get on. xx

Last edited:
Would agree with everything Angie has said here Louise but would add that it would help another tech/therapist to understand the last service provided should their normal tech not be in due to illness etc.

Sure there are many more, just can't think of any right now.

I am doing a course on teaching and i am on my last assignment :Scared: , as i have never been a teacher and they didn't cover this in class i am asking my mates for some pointers in the right direction.

the title for the assignment is....
Explain the need for keeping records and describe the types of records you would maintain.

I can not ask the tutor for help as the course has finished and i have to email this to him asap HELP PLEASE

I would keep a full client record because they are needed for future referrals and to keep a record for insurance purposes. Also they are needed to record any possible contra-indications.
It also alleviates the need to rely on memory for nail enamel colours and preferences.
Any good or should I pack in now?:)

all the comments given are spot on

good luck and let us know how you get on

I cant add anymore as the geeks above are spot on,just arange it round in your own words and you will be fine....good luck xx

hi

loubylou is doing a teaching course - so i think the assignment refers to teaching records not beauty/nail records - as there will be people from all different industries in her class

hi loubylou - how are you hun, i did the 7302 but this wasnt one of my assigments they were different - but i would go with things like class register/attendance, log books for students to submit and completed where necessary by tutor, records of what assignments/exams/tests written questions each student has completed so far with their grade/pass/refer/fail, also things like initial assessments on each student/learning questionaires etc

it is important so that you as the tutor will know exactly where your students are up to, how they learn, what results they have got, attendance this way you have an overview of each student and you will also be able to tailor your lessons or adapt if necessary/ go over a topic again, give feedback etc

cant think of anything else right now but if stuck pm me

nicola
x

Thank you so much to every one that has replyed,
i think perfect beauty is on the right lines, thanks hun :hug:

Latest posts

Back