Help with Level 3 Nail Business Assignment - PLEASE!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhottnails

Reaction score
Hi, Im new to this site and i think its FAB!

I am in need of some help for my level 3 business assignment and if any of you geeks can help with i would really appreciate it! With 5 kids im really finding this hard :eek::cry: . I would of thought this came under Level 4...I dont even know what some of the bloody questions mean lol.
If any of you salon owners can help me in any way i will love u 4ever! lol...it doesnt have to be anything long, just basics xx

Hope to hear from you geeks (PLEASE!) xxx

Ok here goes....

I have to find out as much information relating to how you run your business and to do a report on it.

Task 1

Illustrate diagrammaticallu the structure of the organisation. Indicate the specific roles of each memberof staff. Identyfing what areas they are responsible for and their aims and targets.

Task 2

Identify the nature of the business. List the range of current products and services on offer within the business. Research and report upon the projected aims, products or services the organisation may possess in the future.
Is this a business which is looking to expand?

Task 3

What methods of market research did the organisation use to create a customer response? What is the importance of this? How was this analysed and evaluated?

Task 4

Describe the positive and negative impacts of the organisations activites on its locality.
What are the benefits to the community of this salon?

Example: Look at the price structure, is it appropriate within the immediate area. What is the local economy like?

Task 5

Identify the statutory and voluntary controls on the operation of the organisation.

Example:

Employment protection
Equal opportunities
Health and Safety
COSHH
Enviromental controls
Continous professional development
Provision of employment
Services to the community
Quality assurance

Task 6

Describe the organisations needs for monitoring financial transactions

Example:

Income
Expenditure

Give an example of the money they bring into the salon on a daily business.

Task 7

Identify the differnt methods of promotions and advertising the organisations use.

Draw up a conclusion about the salon identifying whether it is a successful business.

Hi redhottnails,

Firstly welcome to the site , im pretty new too.

Secondly, I am not a salon owner nor am i in business yet so can't offer much help in that area. But i was thinking, what you have to write about pretty much sounds similar to a business plan, which you would have to do if you were getting a loan from a bank to open a business. Just a thought, but maybe if you went on some bank websites and see if they have a business plan example or something similar, might give you some ideas and help you understand some of the questions.

Dont know if it will help but worth a shot.

Sorry i couldn't be more help, and good luck with your course. xx

Task 1

Illustrate diagrammaticallu the structure of the organisation. Indicate the specific roles of each memberof staff. Identyfing what areas they are responsible for and their aims and targets

ok this will look a bit like a family tree diagram so it will start with the managing director and go down through other managers to floor staff etc you should find an example in business books and just give their job roles

Task 2

Identify the nature of the business. List the range of current products and services on offer within the business. Research and report upon the projected aims, products or services the organisation may possess in the future.
Is this a business which is looking to expand?

if your doing this on beauty then go to a salon; its obviously a beauty salon look at what stock they hold and take a pricelist to view their services and copy it!!
then figure how they can improve e.g. better sales techniques better products introducing new ones and getting rid of redundent and think of ways they can expand; its so broad it would be hard to put something wrong as its your opinion

Task 3

What methods of market research did the organisation use to create a customer response? What is the importance of this? How was this analysed and evaluated?

I'd look at maybe surveys, customer comment cards and why they do it

Task 4

Describe the positive and negative impacts of the organisations activites on its locality.
What are the benefits to the community of this salon?

Example: Look at the price structure, is it appropriate within the immediate area. What is the local economy like?

is it good because it will bring people to the local area; improving the surrounding economy or is it pulling people away from the local businesses lowering the economy is it competitively priced???

Task 5

Identify the statutory and voluntary controls on the operation of the organisation.

Example:

Employment protection
Equal opportunities
Health and Safety
COSHH
Enviromental controls
Continous professional development
Provision of employment
Services to the community
Quality assurance

this is all the health and safety, there is loads of stuff on the net about this and also relate it to job roles i should think from your original company structure

Task 6

Describe the organisations needs for monitoring financial transactions

Example:

Income
Expenditure

Give an example of the money they bring into the salon on a daily business.

they obviously need to monitor it to know how much money they have to spend and what is going where and how productive the return is. So i would list monies coming in from treatments vouchers products and monies going out for bills rent stock wages ...

Task 7

Identify the differnt methods of promotions and advertising the organisations use.

so all the media advertising emails leaflet drops flyers shop window

Draw up a conclusion about the salon identifying whether it is a successful business.[/quote]

I'd just evaluate the whole process to see if its worth while!!

Hope this helps a bit!! Its only a few pointers but maybe talk to your lecturer aout getting extra time on assignments as you dont have as much time to do research because of the kids!! Keep going with it!!
xx

Hi,

Thanks for that info...I was hoping to get to speak to a salon owner on here and do it that way rather than taking my little girl to a salon and worrying about her while they go through it with me...Jaselle loves nail art and all i can imagine is her trying to investigate like she does at home lol. xx

As a rule, we do not do peeps assignments for them here on the site. It is not the right way to learn or to do your work assignments.

We can help to point you in the right direction.

Every year it is the same ... new members that want us to do their homework for them. In the nicest way and in the nicest tone I would ask thatyou do not use the site or its very kind and generous members in this way.

Most of us had to do our own work for training with no help (I also have 5 children) and somehow we did it. If you want to badly enough youwill.

As a rule, we do not do peeps assignments for them here on the site. It is not the right way to learn or to do your work assignments.

We can help to point you in the right direction.

Every year it is the same ... new members that want us to do their homework for them. In the nicest way and in the nicest tone I would ask thatyou do not use the site or its very kind and generous members in this way.

Most of us had to do our own work for training with no help (I also have 5 children) and somehow we did it. If you want to badly enough youwill.

Firstly if thats the case, then i think you should make an announcement on the home page that helping each other is not allowed!
I am not asking for other people to do my homework, i have to find out the information from a salon owner/mobile tech and then i have to do a report on it not write down what they have told me....i cant say this is doing my work for me?

Maybe all the people that come on here and ask about different problems but dont say they are doing a course gets away with it?!

Cant say i think your reply was very fair, All i am looking for is a salon or a mobile tech i can work with and to do a report on them...not for them to do an assigment for me....If people didnt want to take part they wouldnt reply would they!

Hi,

Thanks for that info...I was hoping to get to speak to a salon owner on here and do it that way rather than taking my little girl to a salon and worrying about her while they go through it with me...Jaselle loves nail art and all i can imagine is her trying to investigate like she does at home lol. xx

Hi redhotnails, may I just ask you a few of questions please?

Do you have to take your little one with you when you visit the salons? Is it not possible to visit a salon/owner without her as surely you don't take her to college with you?

Have you not been given any guidance by your college tutor as to how to approach your assignment? I am currently studying beautytherapy at college and we have been issued with fairly lengthy handouts with ideas on how to do our business assignments. We also had a questions and answers session regarding this and were shown a couple of former students assignments to help us get an idea of what is required of us.

I can honestly understand that these assignments can be taxing at the best of times, but I really think you would be better off visiting a few (or a couple even) salons/owners rather than pairing up with someone from this site. This way you possibly get to have a look around the salon and ask questions as appropriate.

Different policies apply in different counties and what one geek tells you on this site, may not apply in your area.

Yes, this site is about helping, supporting and sharing but you should be receiving the help you need for this from your college IMO.

Firstly if thats the case, then i think you should make an announcement on the home page that helping each other is not allowed!
I am not asking for other people to do my homework, i have to find out the information from a salon owner/mobile tech and then i have to do a report on it not write down what they have told me....i cant say this is doing my work for me?

Maybe all the people that come on here and ask about different problems but dont say they are doing a course gets away with it?!

Cant say i think your reply was very fair, All i am looking for is a salon or a mobile tech i can work with and to do a report on them...not for them to do an assigment for me....If people didnt want to take part they wouldnt reply would they!
There is no need for us to make an announcement on the home page... I've just given the following reply on another thread, hope it helps you understand where we're coming from...

When it comes to assignments the student is expected to use their knowledge and do as much research as possible, if by that point they still can't find the info they need then by all means ask for a helping hand to guide them in the right direction, however, we don't do the homework for them, nor do we give them the answers on a plate... if that were the case then they won't be learning anything as copying isn't the same learning.

hth's

redhotnails is a member of this site just like everybody else here and has every right to ask for help and guidance with her studies and I would say this is the best place to do that and is that not what this sites all about? support, help, advice etc!

Where do you do your course just out of interest redhot? Id like to do something like that! I think you need to put the assignment down..take a deep breath and take heed lol...i dont think your assignment is as bad as you think it is...there is a hell of a lot of work to do there which immediately makes you think you cant do it!..from what i can see..most of its not that bad...i did i similar thing on a different subject a couple of years ago and I would agree with bettyboo...its a business plan! you can get free packs from banks and other places to help structure a business plan...good luck! you can do it! stop panicking lol :o)

redhotnails is a member of this site just like everybody else here and has every right to ask for help and guidance with her studies and I would say this is the best place to do that and is that not what this sites all about? support, help, advice etc!
You haven't read my previous reply have you?

Latest posts

Back