Help with lifeless greasy hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orchid26

Reaction score
Hello

Can someone help? I have moved in to an area with hard water. My hair has become limp, and within 24 hours very greasy.

I also suffer with dandruff so its then full of white flakes.

I have been trying for ages to find a shampoo/products for my hair. But nothing has really worked.

Can anyone suggest good shampoo/products that would make my hair shiny and with volume??

Help
Orchid

Hello

Can someone help? I have moved in to an area with hard water. My hair has become limp, and within 24 hours very greasy.

I also suffer with dandruff so its then full of white flakes.

I have been trying for ages to find a shampoo/products for my hair. But nothing has really worked.

Can anyone suggest good shampoo/products that would make my hair shiny and with volume??

Help
Orchid

Hi, a clarifying treatment may help as it sounds like you have some sort of build up ,
heres a link that may help :) http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/68921-sticky-coating-hair.html?highlight=baking+soda

If you want a good clarifying shampoo, I can highly recommend Clynol clear. I started using it after asking for advice on this site and my hair has been brilliant since then.

Hi the best results i have ever had it with vinegar in the final rinse. it doesnt smell and gives brilliant shine, also try getting cheap bottled water and use that for final rinse!!:hug:

Dont rub the scalp too much when shampooing , this stimulates oil glands . give your hair a really good rinse , dandruff is often irritation from shamooos/products that arent washed/ rinsed off properly . Dont use conditioner unless your hair is really tangly /coloured /curly/long, you could always apply a little leave in conditioner afterwards - i dont know why but many a time too muh conditoner has spoilt a good blow dry

Dont rub the scalp too much when shampooing , this stimulates oil glands . give your hair a really good rinse , dandruff is often irritation from shamooos/products that arent washed/ rinsed off properly . Dont use conditioner unless your hair is really tangly /coloured /curly/long, you could always apply a little leave in conditioner afterwards -
i dont know why but many a time too muh conditoner has spoilt a good blow dry

Aye , I know exactly what you mean ,
sometimes it really doesn't need any conditioner
and if its just a little dry on the ends the spray in one will do a really good job and wont weigh it down
I think sally do one called miracle magic or something :hug:

I also find that a good apprentice / shampooist is so worth their weight in gold ,
because if they know how shampoo well and to assess a head of hair without overloading it with conditioner
It really helps the stylist and the customer too
after all its all in the prep
and if the prep is no good and conditioner is plonked everywhere
then the blow dry and hair will be dull lank lack lustre and greasy ,

Latest posts

Back