Help with light coloured gel, please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lila22

Reaction score
I am having a few problems applying bio sculpture gels in light colours, i done two last week and both i was not happy with, i did'nt charge one lady as was so upset as after the day i applied it i sent a text asking how her nails were and she said there was dark colour round the edge, i asked her to send a pic and when i seen the application i was mortified. The colour looked like it started quite far from the cuticle and the edge looked black where she must of put her hand in something!
1.I wanted to ask if anyone has any tips for doing light colours?
2.Do you find it best to do three thin coats or two thicker coats as the colour seemed washy?
3.Has anyone else had black colour round the edge?
I am normally quite good at application with dark colours and this has completly thrown me and knocked my confidence, any help or advice would be great.
thanks xx:sad:

You might just have missed these areas with top coat?x

hi lila, don't give yourself such a hard time!!! as you havent been doing many nails it could be that you just need a bit more practice with lighter colours or maybe the colour wasn't stirred enough in the pot??

also clients need to be advised about how to look after their gel, it is not as hard as acrylic and ppl do forget! yes she could of put her hand in something and yes you may not have sealed the free edge properly......it could be a number of things.

if the colour looks like it starts quite far from the free edge it could be that it shrank whilst you were working on other fingers before going into lamp, if this is case do less fingers at a time. i do find the paler colours are more patchy and need working on a little more. hth xx

Thanks ladies, there is a couple of things you have said may of been the problem, and Souz yr right i dont get enough practice with the light colours so will do it on myself till im happy.
Thanksxx

Latest posts

Back