Help with lost certificate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouLouB

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to salon geek and hopefully someone out there may be able to help.
I qualified with NVQ level 2 beauty therapy in July 2000 and cannot find my certificate anywhere. Cibtac only hold them for 10 years and now I'm stuck. There must be a register to say I'm qualified?? I really need to get some insurance.
Any answers will be much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new to salon geek and hopefully someone out there may be able to help.
I qualified with NVQ level 2 beauty therapy in July 2000 and cannot find my certificate anywhere. Cibtac only hold them for 10 years and now I'm stuck. There must be a register to say I'm qualified?? I really need to get some insurance.
Any answers will be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi have you contacted Cibtac? I would have thought they have you on their records so they can issue certificates. VTCT and City and Guilds have a system where you can contact them and pay for lost certificates.

Good luck and hope you sort it x

Hi have you contacted Cibtac? I would have thought they have you on their records so they can issue certificates. VTCT and City and Guilds have a system where you can contact them and pay for lost certificates.

Good luck and hope you sort it x

Hiya, yes I contacted Cibtac and they looked through the records and couldn't find anything as it's over 10 years. I really don't know who to contact now. Maybe Babtec? Thanks x

Did you ever send them to prove qualifications to suppliers etc? Also check with student services at whatever college you went to. It could still be in their internal systems.

Did you ever send them to prove qualifications to suppliers etc? Also check with student services at whatever college you went to. It could still be in their internal systems.

I've tried calling wholesalers I'm joined to, ex employers and the college but i think I'm going to have to actually go down to my college an try to speak to someone. Thanks to all who have replied x

Trying the college would probably be the best - good luck!x

ITEC & CIBTAC used to hold older information on a microfiche. They found one of mine after 15 years. Ask again.x

ITEC & CIBTAC used to hold older information on a microfiche. They found one of mine after 15 years. Ask again.x

Oh really. How long ago was that Lysa.G? I spoke to a girl there and she seems to think there is no record of me. I'm going to try ring again tomorrow. Thank you x

Amazed they dont do duplicate ones? I got my replacement cidesco one from Switzerland earlier this year, was a right mission and they charged me £35 to send a certificate with DUPLICATE written on it :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have been in contact with cibtac again a they have put me in contact with edexcel. They can do a search for £37 but I'm going to try go to my college first before doing that. What a mission!! x

Last edited:
Oh really. How long ago was that Lysa.G? I spoke to a girl there and she seems to think there is no record of me. I'm going to try ring again tomorrow. Thank you x
This was over 12 -15 years ago, when I need mine. I trained back in 1990! No computers then!
I paid 20.00 each copy. It took months for them to find them, if you can remember anyone from your course by name, that can help. X

At last getting somewhere. Went to my college and was told edexcel merged with cibtac, so have done a search with them and they have found my results. Yay. Only took nearly a month!! Thanks x

At last getting somewhere. Went to my college and was told edexcel merged with cibtac, so have done a search with them and they have found my results. Yay. Only took nearly a month!! Thanks x

Hi Lou
I know you post is a while ago, but having the same dilemma of my lost certificate. I’ve never heard of Edexcel. Would I get there number of google?
What were the procedures?
Thank you. Hope this reaches you.

Hi Lou
I know you post is a while ago, but having the same dilemma of my lost certificate. I’ve never heard of Edexcel. Would I get there number of google?

The quoted poster has been absent from the site since last December, so may or may not see this one.

Hi Lou

1. Find out who accredited the course. If you studied at college, the college should be the place to start.
2. Edexcel, City & Guilds, VTCT are all examining boards and will keep student records for an indefinite period.
3. Write down your full names, date of birth, course title, year(s) of study and anything else that can help locate your student records.

Hi Lou

Hiya!

I have not been on this forum for a very long time and only just seen your message.
Hope you managed to get your certificates in the end.
I had to get the info from my college and find out who the examining board was and contacted them.
They looked on there database and a small cost but managed to get duplicates.
If you can copy them too. Always helps if you loose them in a house move etc!

Lou X

Latest posts

Back