Help with low/high lights please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I have booked for c&bd and some high/lowlights for next week. I have dark brown hair and want add a bit of oomph and have a bit of a change.

Trouble is, before when I had some highlights, they went a bit too blonde and looked skunky and that wasn't the look I was after, I also found that I couldn't wear my usual choice of colour in clothes; in particular the reds and deep pinks and strong oranges suddenly didn't suit me much and I found myself having to go out and change my make up. After a while I had it coloured dark brown again cos it was all too much effort!

Any suggestions as to what I could have done to make it a little funky but not too extreme and which won't alter my colour palette?

thanks geeks :hug:

I have booked for c&bd and some high/lowlights for next week. I have dark brown hair and want add a bit of oomph and have a bit of a change.

Trouble is, before when I had some highlights, they went a bit too blonde and looked skunky and that wasn't the look I was after, I also found that I couldn't wear my usual choice of colour in clothes; in particular the reds and deep pinks and strong oranges suddenly didn't suit me much and I found myself having to go out and change my make up. After a while I had it coloured dark brown again cos it was all too much effort!

Any suggestions as to what I could have done to make it a little funky but not too extreme and which won't alter my colour palette?

thanks geeks :hug:

Hi , before you have it done you could ask the hairdresser to do some test peices for you ,
eg;
She/He can take some cuttings and pop on some hi lift tints in different shades for you so that you can see the shades before you commit ,

but all this will depend on how long ago you covered those other highlights with the darker shade ?

if the darker colour is still in your hair then the problem the hairdresser may encounter is that
the high lift tint wont be able to lift it
only bleach will lift the darker colour out

I think you need to have a good free consultation first with your hairdresser and see what is achievable for your hair type and skin colour

hope this helps :hug:

Hello!

Have you considered some slices through the sides of your hair? This will funk it up without taking away from any of the over all colour!

You only need 3-4 on each side, the ones closest to your parting can be stragically placed to bleed through if wanted, i dont tend to put any in the back but its an option to!

lets us know what happens :)

Latest posts

Back