Help with male nail enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amanda@Ritual

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I Hope you can help, I have been asked by a gentleman if I would apply nail enhancements. The reason being is that he said he goes through periods where he bites his nails due to stress, He told me that he had a treatment done in Edinburgh once before and he thinks it was acrylics she applied, they lasted a good while and gave his nails a chance to grow a little.

Has anyone any experience of this? I have only ever did women so really worried about application on a male. Have you any tips or dos and dont's about this, I have told him I would need to do my research and get back to him.

I am not all that experienced with nail extensions and didnt train in sculpting, Can someone please help me with this!
:confused:

Thank you :)
x

Keep them a natural colour and short. Perhaps don't buff to a high shine or just use a matt top coat so as to keep them looking as masculine as possible.
Your technique and prep shouldn't change, just aim for a very natural finish.

I got asked recently by a guy for stiletto nail extensions, originally I said it would be possible so long as the tips fit him.
He told me he was a very feminine man with dainty hands, he continued to ask if I did other beauty treatments, I said yes. Then he told me his GF wants him to have a make over, bright pink and white polka dot nails, eyebrows made into thin arches, ear piercing and professional make up.

I felt VERY uneasy about the whole thing and thought I might get caught up in some sort of sexual fantasy as the GF wanted to come and watch the transformation, I said I was fully booked for the foreseeable future.

I've nothing against anyone or anything they choose to do, but I don't think I can perform to my best ability when I'm feeling uneasy. I have a drag queen whose nails I do, and have had some gay friends come in for nail art and the random claw nail :)

ANYWAY, went a little off track, but won't he still bite them if he gets stressed? Have some girls who do.

I think a matte top coat is a great idea, nothing shiny, and natural colour tips with clear acrylic?

Nail zoo does stunning natural looking enhancements. Does anyone have a link to one of his videos on natural enhancements? I looked but couldn't find it. Carl, are you out there?

I got asked recently by a guy for stiletto nail extensions, originally I said it would be possible so long as the tips fit him.
He told me he was a very feminine man with dainty hands, he continued to ask if I did other beauty treatments, I said yes. Then he told me his GF wants him to have a make over, bright pink and white polka dot nails, eyebrows made into thin arches, ear piercing and professional make up.

I felt VERY uneasy about the whole thing and thought I might get caught up in some sort of sexual fantasy as the GF wanted to come and watch the transformation, I said I was fully booked for the foreseeable future.

I have had the same asked of me this week... Very strange.

The man in question asked for hot pink acrylic nails, full body wax, eyebrows and make up lessons.
He then started to go into how I would
Change him, and I cut the conversion there. He told me his gf would leave him if he could not have this transformation done within a week.

He's tx me again this week, saying he is struggling to find anyone to help him xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I would just perform the requested services as I would do for any other client.

Business is business! :)

Beauty Therapist
Black Sheep Beauty
www.blacksheepbeauty.com.au

You could do a simple overlay, could you not? Gel or acrylic would work. Oh, and Jeffree Starr gets his nails done all of the time at ES Nails in California. ;)

1010586_592474217459527_1249140318_n.jpg

1010959_592474587459490_968383789_n.jpg

Thanks for all the advice guys,

I know the guy so sure he's no doing it for kicks, haha although I do get some strange requests with regards to other treatments and I think sometimes men think if you offer massage that you are either a prostitute or open to giving 'extras' it puts you off giving male treatments and being mobile my safety is paramount so tend to refuse men unless I know them, its sad really but you just don't know who is genuine.

I will try and source some videos as suggested to see what the end result should be.

Many Thanks again everyone for taking the time to reply :biggrin: Much appreciated.

XX

At a salon I used to work in we had a guy who used yo come in for acrylic overlays on his guitar playing fingernails as he didn't use a plectrum. He was a lovely bloke & was really pleased with the end result.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was looking forward to the acrylic nails on the bloke that messaged me until he completely change the conversion.

Yes business is business, but when a potential new client starts to be rude and goes way off topic and talks about their sexual habits. That's when I draw the line.

This has however not put me off!! xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Latest posts

Back